Busted the brewing cherry!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHillBrewCo

Reaction score
I am well under way with my first attempt at homebrew. It's an attempt at a Strawberry Blonde. My brew has been in primary since Sunday night. Within 24 hours I had vigorous fermentation happening. I had quite a bit of bubbling out of the airlock during the first 24 hours. I thought that I took a good amount of time to read and research prior to brewing but I apparently missed the all too obvious option of using a blow off tube. Next time I will. No worries! I can be patient and I fully understand that this is a process that takes time to learn. Anyway, I am excited for this brew and can't wait to do the next step. I figure to let fermentation go another week past this Sunday which will be two full weeks in primary. Then I'll do my hydrometer readings and see where I'm at. My OG was 1050. I'll bottle condition for at least 3 weeks but I hope to be able to drink some of this with my brothers on Christmas if it's ready. I also plan to store some in a warm closet for a few months. Can't wait to start my next brew. I've picked up tons of great tips here and it's been a lot of fun! Can't wait to be able to RDWHAHB!

Indeed! I never bought into the whole "born again virgin" thing either so it's bombs away and full steam ahead. Now it' all about headboard notches and steamy videos and pictures of my dirty deeds! I guess drinking the homebrew is the like the cigarette afterwards. I know I know...TMI... lol

Indeed! I never bought into the whole "born again virgin" thing either so it's bombs away and full steam ahead. Now it' all about headboard notches and steamy videos and pictures of my dirty deeds! I guess drinking the homebrew is the like the cigarette afterwards. I know I know...TMI... lol

You are a dirty, dirty boy. Now go away and make beer. Come back when you can behave properly, or have completely lost control of your lower body area.

Hahaha... Hilarious, Bill.. Well I went and picked up a six of Pete's Strawberry Blonde because it's been a while. I'm feeling pretty good about my brew. The smell from the fermenter smells like Pete's but a bit stronger. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement. I am becomig obsessed with this stuff.. Cheers!

Back