The new fermentation chamber is complete! With room for several carboys now and a Blickmann Ferminator (14 gallon) in the future, I have finally succeeded in my seemingly endless venture into the upgrade to the fermentation chamber.
I still have to add the internal lights (that's what the uncovered switch on the front is for. It's not live yet so don't panic) and add some varnish and edge trim to the outside.
View of the interior prior to wiring and door installation. You can see the large squirrel-cage fans that manage air circulation, pulling it from the bottom and moving it to the top via plastic down-spout as well as the 5 gallon water bottles that can give you an idea of the scale. I added internal A/C outlets to the inside through the supports that frame the doors, both switched by the Johnson Controller and always on (not shown).
I started trying to cool this 44 cu. ft. insulated box with a compressor and coil from a 2.5 cu. ft. dorm fridge. For anyone contemplating this, it's a dumb idea. Get a compressor rated for the volume of space you are trying to cool.
The final solution uses a 5000 btu room a/c from Home Depot. My, "I give up and I'll pay $99 to make this work" solution. In the background you can see the wiring and hockey-puck style under-cabinet lighting that I still need to install.
As you can see from this image, it is fairly effective. I, once again, have to credit the members of this list in helping me get this together.