Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty Beer > Extract - Gunslinger's Graff

Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #71
grhsgomer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_la5 View Post
The recipe calls for a total of 60 minutes of boiling time. Therefore, once you bring the wort to a boil, you would add both @60 hop additions, and set your timer for one hour. Then when there are 20 minutes remaining, add the @20 hops.
great thank you going to start this this weekend can't wait

Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #72
grhsgomer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

just tried my first few bottle of this and I think I found my new favorite beer.
People Like This 
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #73
greencoat
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhsgomer View Post
just tried my first few bottle of this and I think I found my new favorite beer.
<3

I need to revisit this sucker!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #74
d_san06
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Does anybody know why I can't use apple cider and I have to use apple juice? Or is this just a myth?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #75
Marmike600
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_san06 View Post
Does anybody know why I can't use apple cider and I have to use apple juice? Or is this just a myth?
That sir, is a myth. I used cider to great effect. Some say that cider will make it cloudy forever. Meh. Mine is pitch black. You couldnt see thru it if you had a spotlight. If you are in fact worried about cloudy, just treat it with some irish moss or something similar.

Bottled:
Graff, Head Scratcher IPA Hefe, Blackberry/Raspberry Skeeter Pee, Angel Flight IPA, Hop Scare IPA, Centennial IPA
d_san06 Likes This 
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #76
collycreekbrewer
Recipes 

Hey guys I brewed this a week ago. The apple juice I used had ascorbic acid in it. It bubbled a few days then stopped. Most of my other beers bubbled for at least 7 days. 2 or 3 days of rapid fermentation and bubbling then very slow and steady but it appears my graff has just stopped all the way. Should I pitch more yeast or just be patient and see what happens

Old 09-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #77
hunter_la5
Mostly Harmless
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2527 Times on 1438 Posts
Likes Given: 5314

Did you take a gravity reading? Kinda hard to answer your question without knowing the OG and current SG.

As always, bubbling is not generally considered to be a reliable way of judging fermentation. The best way to tell is gravity readings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977Brewer View Post
Middle daughter is happily playing in our living room floor, so I kicked her squarely in the middle of the forehead. That left a mark.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #78
yesferro
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradinator View Post
I got around to bottling it today and had a half-pint extra so I tossed it in the fridge and enjoyed it flat, but cold. Got to say its a little on the sour side right now, but still very tasty. I imagine with at least a few days in the bottles its going to be good. I cannot wait for the long weekend!
So glad the sourness gets mentioned by several people here, I enjoy a sour, I really enjoyed the flat graff I bottled last Friday but I did wonder if something went wrong.

I added some Welches Raspberry Apple concentrate going into secondary, stuck with the rest of the original recipe. Forgot to do a reading on it though.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #79
howamidriving
Recipes 

Brewed this back in October and finally got around to bottling it last night (I really tend to put of bottling for way longer than I should). Gotta say i'm really excited about this one. This was the first beer that I actually sat and drank the leftover glass instead of just taking a couple sips and dumping it.

I used apple cider instead of juice and the apple flavor isn't as forward as I was hoping, but it's still very good. I'll probably do this one again at some point but I may cut down on the smoked malt a little.

I was also thinking that setting aside a gallon of this to sour could be an interesting experiment. I was in Wisconsin over the holiday and had some New Glaurus Serendipity which had a nice apple flavor and thought something like this could be pretty similar.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 AM   #80
Rowdy50
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

n00b question alert! Would like to brew this up this weekend.

Do you steep the grains first, then sparge, then add LME, then boil for 60min? If so, what volumes and temperatures and times? Or do you just throw the whole thing in the boil?