Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My first beer from my first batch!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
jakeshivers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My first beer from my first batch!

Well I'm glad to report that my first beer from my first batch turned out wonderfully. I thought for sure that I had screwed up, or contaminated. It has a great color, head retention and carbonation. Best of all, it's tasty as hell! I love this hobby.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
PatientZero
Recipes 

That's good to know, and very encouraging! I just made my first batch Friday night and can't wait until I can drink it. How long did you wait, from start to finish? And what type of brew is it?

I, too, felt I screwed up, but everyone's been telling me to calm down. Apparently this hobby is impossible to master, but always yields amazing results!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
Poolplayer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm halfway into my first case of Nut Brown Ale and I got a tester bottle of my Cream Ale in the fridge. This was supposed to make it to Thanksgiving- burp!! I love Research and development

Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
jakeshivers
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientZero View Post
That's good to know, and very encouraging! I just made my first batch Friday night and can't wait until I can drink it. How long did you wait, from start to finish? And what type of brew is it?

I, too, felt I screwed up, but everyone's been telling me to calm down. Apparently this hobby is impossible to master, but always yields amazing results!
I made a Belgian Trippel. I brewed it about a month ago so 10 days in the primary, ~10 more in the secondary and ~ 10 in the bottle. I know I should have waited longer to taste it, but I couldn't resist.

A few things I would recommend and what I'm going to start doing is to make a log book of what you brewed, and what you would do different. For instance, my yeast didn't start doing its thing until day 3 of being in the fermenter. I panicked and started screwing with the carboy. Also, my secondary was still bubbling ever so slightly but I bottled it anyways. That was a big no-no, but no bottles have exploded yet.

In the end, I had a lot of yeast on teh bottom of my bottles, but it still tastes excellent.

Cheers.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
kingkobra
Recipes 

congrats and keep on brewing feels rewarding huh? LOL

Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
nepatsfan1
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplayer View Post
I'm halfway into my first case of Nut Brown Ale and I got a tester bottle of my Cream Ale in the fridge. This was supposed to make it to Thanksgiving- burp!! I love Research and development

R&D is my favorite part of the process

Primary:
Secondary:
Kegged:
Bottled:The Wookie