Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Jaybird's Stainless False Bottoms

Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #821
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 116

It doesn't really matter which way the hinge goes... if you find the FB to be opening the wrong way... just turn it over... won't matter if the hinge is on the top or bottom of the false bottom...

Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #822
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 621 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by mors View Post
It doesn't really matter which way the hinge goes... if you find the FB to be opening the wrong way... just turn it over... won't matter if the hinge is on the top or bottom of the false bottom...
This is very true unless there is a handle in the mix...

Cheers
Jay

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #823
mors
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 116

oh yeah. I forget about the handles because I opted not to get one on mine. I used stainless wire instead and have 2 handles this way

But you could still turn it over... your handle just would be useless at that point

Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #824
ScubaSteve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Hey All-

Just wanted to give my own personal review of Jaybirds actual business; NorCal Brewing Solutions.

I have NOT received my false bottom yet (it shipped today) but will report in on that when I get it.

EDIT: I got the FB and filter in the mail promptly, it was packed well. Great quality, the welds look pretty decent, and I gotta say that these are probably the sturdiest FB's around. Everything lines up perfectly in the keg, and I gotta say that I like the handle on top because it helps me disconnect the dip tube easily.

If you look at a few earlier posts, you can see that I mistakenly ordered standard hinges on the FB for use with the level 1 filter stand. Realizing that the hinges might interfere, I contacted Jay today as well as the guys who handle the orders and let them know that I'd like to change my order to a FB with reverse hinges.

I knew that it may have already shipped, and if so I could live with my mistake, no big deal.

Here comes the good part: Jay's guys Victor and Dom ALREADY caught my mistake and corrected it BEFORE I even asked. How's that for quality control? Plus, they let me know it was shipping today and hooked me up with a tracking number. I know not every company can provide that level of service all the time, but I think it's awesome and thought they should be recognized for it.

Now, I can't wait to get my stuff
wyzazz Likes This 
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #825
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....

Recipes 

Liked 276 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Jay, Received your false bottom today. That thing fits like a... Oh! ... Yeah, it really fits nice. Thanks. Great job!

Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #826
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
Jay, Received your false bottom today. That thing fits like a... Oh! ... Yeah, it really fits nice. Thanks. Great job!
Well thank you sir! I take great pride in building them for you guys. Feel free to ship samples of the wonderful beer you are making to me. You will have to address it C/O Jaybird or else the other guys in the store will get em' and drink em'

Thanks for the props!
Cheers
Jay

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too

Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #827
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 483 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Default another repeat customer

Had a great talk with Jay this morning, about their false bottom stand (something that became available after I got my false bottom from him). Got one coming in the mail, and should have it before my brew-day next weekend (12/15/12).

As always, good talking with Jay, getting great info at the same time. Personally, I wouldn't get a false bottom from anywhere else (as long as he's around/making them).

I'm going to have to see what I can also send off to him for 'sampling' Maybe a bottle of my 12.5% wee heavy when it's carbonated.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #828
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Had a great talk with Jay this morning, about their false bottom stand (something that became available after I got my false bottom from him). Got one coming in the mail, and should have it before my brew-day next weekend (12/15/12).

As always, good talking with Jay, getting great info at the same time. Personally, I wouldn't get a false bottom from anywhere else (as long as he's around/making them).

I'm going to have to see what I can also send off to him for 'sampling' Maybe a bottle of my 12.5% wee heavy when it's carbonated.
WoooHoooo I would LOVE a Wee Heavy

Yeah Man Nice chat! Thanks for the props, as always! Shoot me a PM when your stand gets there..
Cheers
Jay

Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #829
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 483 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
WoooHoooo I would LOVE a Wee Heavy

Yeah Man Nice chat! Thanks for the props, as always! Shoot me a PM when your stand gets there..
Cheers
Jay
Oh yeah... Also got an 8.9% old ale carbonating. Both are on CO2 in the basement right now. Started them carbonating earlier this week. Also need to bottle up my maple mead/wine. If that comes out well, I'll include a bottle of that (only 14%)...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #830
indybrew79
Recipes 

Default Are you still making false bottoms?

I recently purchased a 10 gallon round cooler from Home Depot to make a mash tun. I found your thread on here from 2009 and am curious if you are still making them? Inside measurement is roughly 12x12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Well I have had a thread on HBT for about 3 years now selling Stainless steel false bottoms for kettles and what ever else you needed. I have sold hundreds of them here and I have no idea where the thread went to. So If you by chance have a way to post up pictures of the false bottoms so others can see the work please do so here.
If you want the best false bottom money can buy PM me. I will post up pricing later on tonight when I get to the store.
Again I am sorry about the thread Tx is looking into where it went.
Cheers
Jay