Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Manifold Sparging problems
Old 11-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Originally Posted by thedisasterparty View Post
Beginner AG brewer here. So far, I haven't had too many problems with all grain brewing. Tonight however, it seems the grains are clogging my manifold. I can't drain the wort through it. My only option seems to be to pour the mash through a strainer to separate the grains and the wort. The problem with this is that the wort is super cloudy now.

Should I just ditch this brew and walk away with the supplies I have left? Can I still make an okay beer out of this? Why is the grain clogging my manifold?
Get some rice hulls on your next LHBS visit. 2 lbs will last you for a long time. Next time things get stuck, just toss in a handful of hulls, stir, re-set the grain bed and try again. It's also helpful to do a mashout to heat up and thin out the mash prior to sparging.