This is Perfect - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > This is Perfect

Old 11-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #1

Its a stunningly beautiful early morning! As I look over the vista of Estate du Pappers, the sun is shining, the leaves are golden, there is a slight mist hanging in the air and the temperature is a balmy 50 going up to 65 today.

Here's the best part: after all the Sunday obligations, by 1:30 pm or so, Boy #1 and I will spend the afternoon brewing outdoors (another cream ale)! Which, as you know, means a lot of time sitting around, enjoying the afternoon, snacking on crusty bread and good cheese, and talking. The greatest gift of all - time to spend with the Boy. If we're fortunate, Boy #2 will amuse us with his latest feats on the zipline we put up in the back forty.

Salud!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts

Sounnds perfect. We had 60 plus degrees in Detroit for teach a friend to brew day yesterday. It was Ideal.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #3

Sounds like a lovely day, Jim.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
FreakinA
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Tempe, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Weather for Tempe, AZ
71F | C
Current: Cloudy
Wind: E at 12 mph
Humidity: 30%
Sun
Partly Cloudy
86F | 62F
Guy Fawkes Pale Ale
Bottled:
Gunslinger Pale
Elephantine Pale Ale
On Tap
60 Minute IPA

Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Rick500

Recipes 

Jun 2008
KY
Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

Sounds awesome.

It's sunny and 67 here today, although most of my golden leaves are already lying in the yard...I'd be out brewing right now if I didn't already have 25 gallons of beer to drink all by myself.

Heck, maybe I'll brew anyway. I still have an empty carboy.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
greeneyed

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Whitt, Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It was a perfect day here yesterday. Me and my brewing buddy now officially have a new helper/gopher. Daughter #1 who is 10 is now a hophead, and I couldnt be more proud. We brewed a batch of Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale. Good times...

Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #7

Wow - everyone's got great weather! Greeneyed, brewing with my son is just the best - its a relaxed time but there are things to do - a great combination.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #8
jmp138
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Pittsboro, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

My dad headed over today, which just happened to be the absolute most beautiful day of the year. We brewed a cream ale, smoked a chicken and drank the obligatory hanging out with dad 12 pack of bud. Just as exciting, he brought up a spare satellite dish and hooked me up with some free pirated satellite. So now I am drinking a pumpkin ale and enjoying nfl for the first time all year.

What an absolutely perfect day, glad everyone elses looked just a great!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #9
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

It was frickin HOT here today. 75 degrees. Great for August and September, but I bitch about it when it gets that warm in November. I want it to be in the 40s or so.

And no, i'm not kidding.........

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #10
Dalarast

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Virginia beach
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It was a good day.. after a week of being sick I got up went surfing early and came home and made all the SWMBO's (wife and two daughters) breakfast. Cleaned up around the house a bit as the wife and kiddies ate and checked on the brews and cooked up some sauerkraut, pork, and brats in the slow cooker. Colored/painted the driveway/sidewalk with the kids (neighbors must love the neon pink, blue, green, and yellow color) and washed my bike and took a quick ride. Add football and some brews and rum made for a nice day!

To bad the Army owns me next weekend cause I would like a repeat!