Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > protecting thermostat wires

Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Boston813
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default protecting thermostat wires

To all of you that are using a Love or similar and have it mounted so that the wires are in the freezer/fridge. Did you do anything to protect the wires that are in there? Was there any thought given to using anything other than standard 14/3 such as direct burial rated wire or something in the flexible conduit? I wasn't worried about it until some one asked what kind of conduit I was going to run and I said something about wire staples and safety tape

From the builds that I have seen most people just seem to tack up the wire but I was wondering if there were any really clean installs I could take a look at. And while we are at it does any one have any bad experiences with thermostat controllers in the keezers.