Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Mini fridge expansion for undercounter keg box

Old 11-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
or31acres
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mini fridge expansion for undercounter keg box

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, which is a WEALTH of useful information. I've been brewing a long time but only recently kegging, and now I'm building a bar at my ski house (www.snoplace.com).

My question is about using a Danby mini fridge (I believe it's the same as what they use to make their kegerator) to cool a well-insulated wood box to hold two corny kegs and have space for a few beers, limes, etc. This is essentially a "keezer" on its side, with a collar that is about the same size as the fridge itself.

I was inspired by this site: http://kpscellar.atlantabeer.com/bar/kegerator.html

But now after reading a lot about Danby kegerator upgrades, I'm worried that trying to cool twice as much volume with the thing might be a bad idea.

Has anyone got experience with this setup?

Thanks,
Scott