Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Method used for adding hops/filtering wort?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Method used for adding hops/filtering wort?

The other day I made a pale ale, first batch in years. I ordered some bags that I had intended to cut into smaller bags to add hops with. Long story short I didn't do that. I just added the hops (fresh not pellets) straight to the wort and then at the end used a sterilized bag to cover my bucket. I poured the wort through that and it filtered all the hops flowers out. Anything wrong with doing it this way? Seemed pretty easy.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

As long as you don't forget to sanitize it first, and it doesn't make a mess on your floor I would think this is fine. Though, you might want to compare clarity to a batch with a similar grain bill that was racked out . Trub particles are pretty small and may not be being filtered out to a level that you are satisfied with.

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.
W.C. Fields

Kegged: Russian Imperial Stout - Belgian Dark Strong - Vanilla Mead - American/Belgian Ale