Autumn Seasonal Beer Punkin' Ale - Page 42 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Autumn Seasonal Beer Punkin' Ale

Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #411
Rivenin
Recipes 

Dec 2010
McMinnville, Oregon
Liked 312 Times on 245 Posts

well i finally bottled this after i think 2-3 months in the primary... can't remember when i brewed this lol, forgot to take a hydro reading. but i think sitting on the pumpkin for so long messed with it. ah well, if all else fails i'll try it again!
t minus 2 weeks to testing!

Kegged Heff/saison yeast split
240v - 4500w electric two tier

Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #412
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

We had our halloween party Saturday night and I had the pumpkin on tap as well as hard cider, pale ale and Rye IPA. The pumpkin keg was easily the most popular. Someone brought a mixed 12 pack of Saranac beer and it had their pumpkin in it. I normally love this pumpkin beer. We did a comparison tasting and everyone preferred the punkin ale. When I tried Saranacs after having this one I couldn't even tell it was a pumpkin beer, it had almost no flavor. My father is a coors drinker and I caught him drinking the pumpkin.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #413
kenlock
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Mordialloc, Australia, Australia
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Currently got this mashing. Used real pumpkins, as canned pumpkin is not readily available here in Oz. Will be using #1332 Northwest Ale. Brewing this as a surprise contribution to an American friends annual Thanksgiving Party.

Thanks Reno for recipe and great thread.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #414
Brewskii
Recipes 

May 2011
Williamsburg, Va
Liked 127 Times on 68 Posts

10 days in the bottle and cracked a couple testers to taste with my brewing buds. All like it better than commercial examples. Of corse it's not yet fully carbed- kinda like sparkling cider. Gonna give it 2 more weeks b4 I let anyone else drink it. It's a keeper!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #415
Reno_eNVy
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenin View Post
well i finally bottled this after i think 2-3 months in the primary... can't remember when i brewed this lol, forgot to take a hydro reading. but i think sitting on the pumpkin for so long messed with it. ah well, if all else fails i'll try it again!
t minus 2 weeks to testing!
I'm sure it'll turn out amazing. I feel like this is a brew that can benefit from a long primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
We had our halloween party Saturday night and I had the pumpkin on tap as well as hard cider, pale ale and Rye IPA. The pumpkin keg was easily the most popular. Someone brought a mixed 12 pack of Saranac beer and it had their pumpkin in it. I normally love this pumpkin beer. We did a comparison tasting and everyone preferred the punkin ale. When I tried Saranacs after having this one I couldn't even tell it was a pumpkin beer, it had almost no flavor. My father is a coors drinker and I caught him drinking the pumpkin.
Dude this is amazing. So many huge compliments! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlock View Post
Currently got this mashing. Used real pumpkins, as canned pumpkin is not readily available here in Oz. Will be using #1332 Northwest Ale. Brewing this as a surprise contribution to an American friends annual Thanksgiving Party.

Thanks Reno for recipe and great thread.

That's awesome I'm sure your Yank friend will appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
10 days in the bottle and cracked a couple testers to taste with my brewing buds. All like it better than commercial examples. Of corse it's not yet fully carbed- kinda like sparkling cider. Gonna give it 2 more weeks b4 I let anyone else drink it. It's a keeper!
Nice to hear it's so good after only 10 days in bottles. And yeah, give it time. It only gets better with age

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #416
Rivenin
Recipes 

Dec 2010
McMinnville, Oregon
Liked 312 Times on 245 Posts

well i was impatient....
i haven't had a home brew in close to 6 months so i cracked one open on haloween. of course it was flat... but that smell i was getting from primary during bottling time is completely gone now... i think it was the CO2 messing with my nose.

can't wait for another few weeks! i think i'll wait till thanksgiving and crack another to test.
Kegged Heff/saison yeast split
240v - 4500w electric two tier

Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #417
Faseel
Recipes 

Sep 2011

Ok, my turn,
I cut over to secondary last night and I hit fg of 1.016. I can't be happier. The trub/

Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #418
Faseel
Recipes 

Sep 2011

Ugh got a call, anyhow the cake/trub even smelled like liquid pumpkin pie, I'm really looking forward to thanksgiving man, this will be the beer of choice, thanks once again buddy!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #419
modernlifeisANDY
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Plymouth, MA
Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

Kegged my version of this today (I use a handful of different malts and proportions, but I use Reno's brown sugar additions and hop schedule). Smells great, as always!

ON TAP
Klepek IPA
The Biggest, Blackest IPA

FERMENTING
Praise the Hefewei-sun
Normal Guy Beer

ON DECK
Citrus Pale Ale

Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #420
Leeds1
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Gettsyburg, PA

Bottled my version of this after 4 weeks in the primary. I added a pound of oatmeal and a box of nabisco graham crackers to the posted recipe. The pumpkin hits you in the nose with a little alcohol and it tastes pretty good right now but I think it will benefit from a little more aging.