After I got started, it turned out that SWMBO doesn't care for the smell of boiling wort one bit. In the future I know to brew when she's not home!
Other than that it was pretty smooth right up until I started cooling the wort. My thermometer broke right in it. Luckily just the weighted balls and a little glass broke off. The actual measuring device was unharmed. All the broken bits filtered out pretty well when I moved it to the primary. I'll just be a little extra cautious come bottling day. Then I forgot to pitch the yeast, but that was an easy fix. Pop the bucket back open and dump
In 6 weeks or so, I should be enjoying a nice cold EdWort's Haus Pale
Till then I still need to wait for my first batch of brown ale to carb in the bottles. They need about 2 more weeks. The I can finally taste what I've been doing here all this time!