Fermentation temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Fedwell

Reaction score
Lately my beers have been a little tangy. I have had great success brewing ales in Hawaii since I moved up the hill. The temp of the beer is usually 70 when fermenting. That part of the house gets no light and doesn't get hot in the day. Lately, hot and no wind. No problem, put the beer to primary in the ferm/ chest freezer that I ferment lagers in. It only holds two carboys. I want to brew more than that, and want to start temp controlling the primaries at least. Can I still continue to age the beer at room temp after two weeks or so primary? Room temp will hopefully be down then to 70-72. If it won't make a difference, I won't bother, and will continue to ferment my ales at room temp, and get variance.

I leave my beers in primary for up to 4 weeks sometimes. As long as your temps are fairly consistant, you'll be fine.

Back