Just opened a beer from my 5th batch - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Just opened a beer from my 5th batch

Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
mparmer
Recipes 

Jul 2009
calhoun ga
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well, I've just got to tell you guy's, I've just opened a beer from my 5th batch and it is friggin delicious. I had all sorts of questions when I first began and you guy's took the time to answer those and it really helped me, I was able to improve my processes, do better with my selections and while I know I have many miles yet to travel as a brewer, I am very pleased with what I'm tasting. I may be a noobie as a brewer, but I've been tasting various type of beer for 20 years and I know what a good beer tastes like. I cannot believe what I just drank (buzzing too)... Guy's that have just started? Read, learn, keep trying. This is the freaking most fun hobby... Thanks all!!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
Whut
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2009
Peoria, AZ
Liked 1878 Times on 1718 Posts

Congrats on the brew! How 'bout a pic?

Whut is a very logical person. Just ask him. Fedora

Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
jlinner

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Pinetop, Arizona

Right on man, there are very few things that are better.

www.whitemountainbrewingco.com

Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
nepatsfan1
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Cumberland, RI
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

After my second batch was a success and tasted amazing to me on Saturday I was buzzing all weekend and I still am. It's such a good feeling when you think to yourself. Hey I made this!!! My first 5 gallon batch is this weekend after two Mr Beer batches. One of them was my own receipe.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
Agtronic
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Laval, Quebec
Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

Glad to hear this. I can only imagine. I've been very disappointed with all the beers I have made, and now that I have been reading and learning, I know why. Even the first smell was disappointing. I can't wait to take the first mouthful of a successful beer! At least my wine is good ...

Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3198 Times on 1886 Posts

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
ibbones
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Victoria, Texas
Liked 16 Times on 8 Posts

If I judged myself on homebrewing from my very first try, I would have given up. They kept getting better with every batch. Reading this forum is the best thing I've done to my brewing process.

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
Adam78K
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Seattle
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

what was it?
On Deck Ryed Up Kolsch

Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #9
Guinness
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Ontario
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to jump in with a 'me too'.

I just started brewing, extract only so far, after an absence of a few years. My gf and I have been elated with the results, and have very little use for the generic canoe beer after only a few batches!

Starting slow - a Cooper's Draught, Munton's Pilsner and a Cooper's Nut Brown. Currently have a Brewer's Spring Lager (ok, not really a lager, but y'know) in the primary!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #10
shek
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Long Beach, CA
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Keep it up, I had been brewing off and on for several years, but only got around to brewing regularly and making the switch to all grain about two months ago. I finally hit paydirt with an AG beer (after several "blah" batches, including a few possible infections), unfortunately I didn't take much in the way of notes, but I think it was a riff on Biermuncher's SNPA session clone (came out a little stronger and i dry-hopped with centennial), it's kegged and force carbing as we speak, but it's already so f'ing tasty that I couldn't keep from having several pints while playing some poker tonight. Hopefully it will at least make it through the weekend.