Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Counterflow Wort Chiller FS

Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
nbspindel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For Sale - Counterflow Wort Chiller FS

SOLD

I just made myself one CFC and an extra with remaining copper tube and a few more parts. The hose is the braided black with yellow stripe poly hose from lowes (the kind every DIY thread says to use), but was my garden hose for a while so does show minor wear on the outside. This does not affect funtion though, just not as shiny as a new hose. Everything else is brand new and done according to this thread: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/cheycos-cfc-9395/ (non-solder as written up by cheyco). I've put pressure on it and one of the barb-hose connections has a very minor drip (minor like wouldn't amount to one cup over a 20 min cool). The rest have a tight seal. Anyway, that's what happens with barbs and I imagine you won't have full city-water-pressure on it with the output end stopped up anyway. Well, I was thinking $70 plus cost of shipping. PM me for a pic.

Thanks for looking.

Reason: SOLD

Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
nbspindel
Recipes 

is no one interested in this? make an offer and i'll consider it. i don't need 2 CFCs

Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
twelfthman01
Recipes 

it has a small leak and you're asking $70 plus shipping?

I'd suggest fix the leak and lower the price, or just cut the price in half.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
nbspindel
Recipes 

1. this is not used. this is BRAND NEW, the outside hose has been used for a short while and isnt shiny anymore
2. any and all of these CFCs use barbs to attach the hose. These barbs will leak. If clamps are tightened enough, all leaks disappear. I've put extra hose length in there that will probably be altered anyway, so see no point in tightening clamps this much. BTW, that drip is when all ends of the hose are plugged and full city pressure is put on the hose. you'll never do this under normal use. I bet any other one will leak as well if you put enough pressure in them.
3. i hadn't looked on ebay, but the ones on ebay don't have the hose connections, which will run you about $8-10 more. That's a pretty decent price though. I was just going off of what I had read here about going rates for CFCs.

New price, $60 to cover materials, or trade for CO2 equipment (tank, regulator, sankey D coupler).

Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
theguy
Recipes 

You have Mail. Can you send a Pic also with the reply?