Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Your Best Brewing Tip?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
BrewingBetterBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Your Best Brewing Tip?

If you could only give one tip to somebody to teach them how to make great beer, what would it be?

What can I say? I love Homebrew beer!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
springer

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts

fermentation temp control. I always made a good beer but once I got the temps under control my beers are much better.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

delete

Screw this crap....go steal from another website.

I knew something didn't feel right, especially with your internet handle...

So I guess the best brewing tip would be to go shove a hydrometer someplace.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reason: Bad Juju I think.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
northernlad
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Be patient. I researched for more than a month before I even bought my first piece of equipment.
Try to leave your beer alone.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Heckle
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Best tip in a single word - Patience.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
ibrewit

Recipes 

Clean and Sanitize

Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Are you using these tips for your website? The one you sign up for to "Receive Free Brewing Tips"? If so, I think this is information that should be presented in your original post.

The internet, books, and personal experience provide an abundance of information that you can pass on to others. However I'm not sure the right way to go about it is to ask a forum that you're not very active on for said tips that seem to be the foundation of your website. I did not sign up so I'm not positive but that's what one can assume based on the information presented on your site's home page. It seems kind of cheap; sort of like you're looking for someone to do the work for you.

If this is not the case I apologize but I thought it should be addressed. Cheers

Old 10-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Oh he's daring to use our tips to make money from our wisdom?

Jesus that's bold bs.....methinks, we should delete all we posted. This is about sharing information, NOT capitalizing on the good will of others.

Good catch drinkswell, buddy.

Every now and then we get someone in here with some pie in the sky idea, or looking for something FROM us, like a recipe or something right off the bat, in their very first post...Without first giving anything to the community.

We even had some guy on here a few weeks back who wanted us to give him a recipe so his wife could win an award....someone else asking us what kind of brewing tool we "need" so he could patent it and invent it...not knowing a damn thing about brewing...another one wanted to design brewing software, and wanted us to help him...not even being aware of all the brewing software already out there, some of it created by our very own members.

It really has sort of an "I don't really care about you and what you have going on here, I just want to take advantage of you," feeling.

Especially if you spent some time around here participating and being a part of the culture BEFORE HAND (like some of the vendors on here, they don't just try to sell to us, they actually give back to the group with help, wisdom, insight, and advice...not just trying to take our money.)

he beer community is a pretty open and supportive community, even between the pros and the homebrewers....You can pretty much email any brewer from nearly any brewery (except maybe AB/Miller/Coors, etc.) and get help and even their recipes...Many of the brew masters of places like Stone, or Rogue, or Bell's, will answer questions about their recipes/and their products....Some have even converted their large recipes to homebrewer scale for people...and if you look at some of the large micro brewery websites, they post their recipes....

And the micros are pretty supportive of each other too...there's little of that competitiveness/suspicions even between each other..That you find at the larger levels....It ain't utopia, but it's pretty close to it.

If you wan't to read about the extent of the openness of the beer community look at this piece on the "Collaboration Not Litigation Beer" that Russian River, and Avery Brewery Put together.

This pretty much sums up our community...

We put a lot of info on here, spend a lot of time coming up with ideas, gizmos, recipe, all for free, for REAL not to become rich off of it.

Bad form pal, totally against what WE DO HERE!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Picobrew
Biscuit Enthusiast

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The best tip that I have is that you should start an affiliate program. My brewing didn't really take off until I figured out how to monetize the knowledge that I gained from my peers and friends. Once I learned the fundamentals of Wealth Building and Google AdSense, I started getting much higher BJCP scores and my friends really seemed to like my beer better. Now that I have invited most of my friends and peers into affiliate program, each time they brew it fills my kegs a little. Also, I now have a much stronger understanding of FEMALE_TRAIT_1 and have a much better home life.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picobrew View Post
The best tip that I have is that you should start an affiliate program. My brewing didn't really take off until I figured out how to monetize the knowledge that I gained from my peers and friends. Once I learned the fundamentals of Wealth Building and Google AdSense, I started getting much higher BJCP scores and my friends really seemed to like my beer better. Now that I have invited most of my friends and peers into affiliate program, each time they brew it fills my kegs a little. Also, I now have a much stronger understanding of FEMALE_TRAIT_1 and have a much better home life.
And since your best friend is the Nigerian Minister of finance, you will always be rich, and stay hard....right?