Originally Posted by bink00
I brewed this up this past sunday. I had the worst brew day ever. For some reason my mash temp was off and was around 165 for the first 10 minutes until I got it down to 154. Then I ripped my bag (biab) on the rtd probe. I ended up putting a spare piece of sheer voile in a bucket and draining it all into that and then rinsing all the grain from my ekeggle.
I wanted to see what the OG was today and its 1.022 3 days after pitching (fermenting around 62 degrees). Hope it doesnt finish too high with my high mash temps. Smells really good though and the hydro sample definitly had that hefe clove taste to it.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
No worries Bink. That tiny "pre-mash-out" won't hurt a thing. Very little conversion will be accomplished at that temperature for that short of a time. Give it time and it'll finish.
Please follow this up with further posts and pictures if possible.
You are very welcome for the recipe. It's truly my pleasure.
BTW- those nightmare brew days frequently produce some amazing beers. Don't be surprised if it's a winner winner chicken dinner.