Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Any UFC Fans Out there?

Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #21
absolutbmc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Three letters will sum it all up....

GSP

Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
Neomich
Recipes 

I'm going to have to go with Machida on the main event. Don't know why, I just think this fight is his.

-Frank Zappa

Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
cercueil
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Did anyone watch Cerrone Vs. Henderson on Sat night? It was an unbelievable 5 rounder for the interrim title. Apparantely Jamie Varner is injured and can't defend his title so they made this fight to determine who will fight Varner next if he can fight. Henderson won but I think it could have gone either way. Cerrone had Henderson in at least 5 submission attempts throughout the rounds but I think Henderson won because he had more take downs then Cerrone and he got out of all the submission attempts. At one point Henderson was in a choke for at least 10 seconds and he didn't tap. I have no clue how he was breathing because it was in so tight. Also next month will be Brown vs Aldo for Featherweight Championship. Should be a good fight.

Up Next
Oaked IPA?

Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #24
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercueil View Post
Did anyone watch Cerrone Vs. Henderson on Sat night? It was an unbelievable 5 rounder for the interrim title. Apparantely Jamie Varner is injured and can't defend his title so they made this fight to determine who will fight Varner next if he can fight. Henderson won but I think it could have gone either way. Cerrone had Henderson in at least 5 submission attempts throughout the rounds but I think Henderson won because he had more take downs then Cerrone and he got out of all the submission attempts. At one point Henderson was in a choke for at least 10 seconds and he didn't tap. I have no clue how he was breathing because it was in so tight. Also next month will be Brown vs Aldo for Featherweight Championship. Should be a good fight.
Hells effin yeah! (I still need to watch that fight)

Im super stoked cause my boy Mackens Semerzier beat the #3 BW in the world (Wagney Fabiano) - as a 'noob'
Ive commentated MANY a Mackens ammy fights where he reigned supreme there, his pro debut, and many of his other pro wins. (So it wasnt a surprise that he won) I still have some video interviews with Mackens that I need to dig up. This kid is a beast - and he shocked the world!
WAR MACKENS!
-Me

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #25
Endovelico
Recipes 

I love both MMA and Boxing. Machida is my favourite fighter and i just can't see Shogun winning this one, especially if he shows up like he did in his former fights.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #26
capcrnch

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

+1 to the UFC fans.

There's another thread somewhere where a bunch of us talked UFC for a year or so!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
Bru
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Someone needs to give Lesnar a beating. Hes making UFC look like WWE with his antics - laughing at Herring and Couture was bad form. Im hoping Nogueira beats him.
Im also hoping GSP moves up a division to fight Silva who will need to move down - its has to happen some time.
Does anyone else here train ? - I have a purple belt in BJJ, also box, greco etc.
BTW - I agree with Iregularpulse - too many posers walking around.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #28
nystevecf
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru View Post
Someone needs to give Lesnar a beating. Hes making UFC look like WWE with his antics - laughing at Herring and Couture was bad form. Im hoping Nogueira beats him.
Im also hoping GSP moves up a division to fight Silva who will need to move down - its has to happen some time.
Does anyone else here train ? - I have a purple belt in BJJ, also box, greco etc.
A little BJJ and Boxing but just not enough time in the day to do it more often then once a week.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #29
cercueil
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru View Post
I don't think most people like Lesnar. I mean he is really good esp with that wrestling background. I have no clue how a guy that big can move that fast. I think he was probably roided up from being in the WWE. He's like a monster when compared to someone like Frank Mir. Maybe they should make a 265lb and up division..lol..GSP vs. Silva..Now thats intersting. I mean when you look at their divisions it almost seems like no one can beat them. Of course anyone can beat anyone on a given day but these guys are like machines..Almost like cyborgs or something. Silva just trashed Forrest and he's no slouch. It was like he was toying with him. Very impressive skills. I don't train but this sport is making me want too..lol..I'm too old now but might have wanted to try BJJ in college.

Up Next
Oaked IPA?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #30
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 320 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermaker View Post
Kimbo...Didnt he just get his ass kicked by an overweight irishman on Ultimate Fighter/ Yea at least Brock hasnt lost.....yet.
He has.

Lesnar Brock 4-1-0 6' 3" (191 cm) 265 (120 kg)

from http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?pn=3&fa...er.AllFighters