Bronzdragonfest - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Lager > Bronzdragonfest
Cool Brewing Corny 5G & Mini Giveaway

Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
bronzdragon
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Recipe Type: All Grain    Yeast: White Labs German Lager    Yeast Starter: 350 ml    Batch Size (Gallons): 5.25    Original Gravity: 1.054    Final Gravity: 1.012    IBU: 21 IBU    Boiling Time (Minutes): 60    Color: 14 SRM    Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 @ 58F    Additional Fermentation: 30 days lagering at 35F    Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 @ 58F    Tasting Notes: After a month of lagering, the beer really started tasting good.   
Munich Malt, 3#
German Pilsner Malt, 3#
Vienna Malt, 2#
Torrified Wheat, 2#
Chocolate Malt, 4 ounces

Single stage mash at 150F for 1 hour.

Hallertauer pellet hops (4.5%) , 1.25 ounces for 1 hour boil

White Labs German Lager yeast, 1 vial brought up to about 350 ml of yeast cells for starter.

This is a pretty simple beer to brew, but I brew it several times a year because it's tasty. I allow fermentation to start at room temp and then put it into the fridge and gradually bring the temp down to 58 degrees and keep it there for the duration of the 1 week primary and 2 week secondary fermentations. Then I turn the fridge down to regular fridge temperature to lager for a month.