Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Are there Bembels with the EdWort Apfelwein Logo available?

Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
chuggs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Are there Bembels with the EdWort Apfelwein Logo available?

I just started my first batch of EdWort's Apfelwein.

I started researching a bit about the Apfelwein...and it appears that it's roots are from Hessen, Germany. There they serve Apfelwein from Grey Clay Pitchers called "Bembels"...which are decorated with a blue Salt glaze of sorts.

http://www.apfelwein-shop.de/epages/.../Products/0008

It's served in special glasses called "Geripptes"...supposedly to help you maintain a grip on the drink -- back in the day when folks ate meat without utensils (like we eat hamburgers )...leaving their hands slippery from the grease.

http://www.apfelwein-shop.de/epages/.../Products/0015

So, I just wanted to check to see if anyone sells these things with the "EdWort's Apfelwein" logo...before ordering some that say Adolf Wagner" on them...

Wishful thinking

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
jcobbs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I could see washing down some BBQ ribs on a hot day with a Bembel of apfelwein...and definitely needing geripptes to keep hold of the glass after gnawing on those ribs!