Sweet Stout Left Hand Milk Stout Clone - Page 41 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Sweet Stout Left Hand Milk Stout Clone

Old 12-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #401
mufflerbearing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Southeast, GA
Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

I will leave alone. This will be my next brew.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #402
coyote68
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Clune, Pa
Liked 315 Times on 203 Posts

Brewed this yesterday. got a bottle in the SS swap. most excellent.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #403
kurds_2408
Recipes 

Dec 2013
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

hey guys. Living in Longmont, CO just a couple miles from Left Hand and loving Nitro figured I gotta make this one. Only done extract so far so was looking for an extract version of this. I read all the pages and while several people say they made an extract version there is only one recipe and that guy had questions about his recipe but didn't see any answers. So just wondering if anyone had an extract recipe or if the one on here is good? My swmbo doesn't like stouts so while her beer is in the big carboy I'll just be making a one gallon batch to start with.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #404
brewski09
Recipes 

Sep 2010
columbus, oh
Liked 76 Times on 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurds_2408 View Post
hey guys. Living in Longmont, CO just a couple miles from Left Hand and loving Nitro figured I gotta make this one. Only done extract so far so was looking for an extract version of this. I read all the pages and while several people say they made an extract version there is only one recipe and that guy had questions about his recipe but didn't see any answers. So just wondering if anyone had an extract recipe or if the one on here is good? My swmbo doesn't like stouts so while her beer is in the big carboy I'll just be making a one gallon batch to start with.

Use a light extract like the briess cube golden light lme and add your specialty grains for a 30 minute steep at 150. Just remember to reduce some of the low crystals (less than 60L) to account for the crystals in the lme.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #405
MrFeltimo
Recipes 

Aug 2013
Easton, PA
Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts

Brewed this 1 month ago, tested fg today, 1.022, tasted hydro sample, good, very, very good, can't wait to get it carbed up.
Thanks for the receipe.
Dan
Kegged:1-London ale, 2-London Ale, 3-Oatmeal Stout, 4-Empty, 5-Empty
Future brews:.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #406
TheSmithsEra

Recipes 

Jul 2012
, California
Liked 49 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurds_2408 View Post
For some reason no one is commenting on an extract version. However i am going to brew the version on page 5. Now, after talking to my friend that's from Colorado he told me that i should increase the lactose taste as is compared to the Sweet Stout I made from AHS.

so i'm going to brew the extract recipe on here and add 1 pound of lactose in the boil and .75 pound at bottling along with my priming sugar.

if that is retarded please let me know before tomorrow

Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #407
insanim8er
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Oregon City, OR
Liked 346 Times on 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmithsEra View Post
For some reason no one is commenting on an extract version. However i am going to brew the version on page 5. Now, after talking to my friend that's from Colorado he told me that i should increase the lactose taste as is compared to the Sweet Stout I made from AHS.

so i'm going to brew the extract recipe on here and add 1 pound of lactose in the boil and .75 pound at bottling along with my priming sugar.

Personally I think it's too much lactose. You should make it first, then make additions.

Regardless, add all your lactose during the boil. It makes no sense to separate it and add it at bottling. It's more work and gives a higher chance of infection.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #408
TheSmithsEra

Recipes 

Jul 2012
, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanim8er View Post
Personally I think it's too much lactose. You should make it first, then make additions.

Regardless, add all your lactose during the boil. It makes no sense to separate it and add it at bottling. It's more work and gives a higher chance of infection.
ok that makes sense. i'll stick to 1# and add it all during the boil, thank you

Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #409
D_Nyholm
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Sayville, NY
Liked 86 Times on 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmithsEra View Post

I added an extra 4 oz to mine unintentionally and it came out too sweet for my taste. Still a damn good beer but after 1 or 2 it became too much sweetness.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #410
TheSmithsEra

Recipes 

Jul 2012
, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post
I added an extra 4 oz to mine unintentionally and it came out too sweet for my taste. Still a damn good beer but after 1 or 2 it became too much sweetness.
ok wow, i'm glad i double checked. thanks!