Sweet Stout Left Hand Milk Stout Clone - Page 27 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Sweet Stout Left Hand Milk Stout Clone

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #261
DoubleDuse
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Largo, FL
Posts: 38


Thanks for the advice, I lent my secondary out last week so I guess she'll stay in the primary until this weekend, planning on bottling it up Saturday!!!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #262
insanim8er
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Oregon City, OR
Posts: 1,645
Liked 346 Times on 243 Posts


This recipe is a solid W.I.N. best beer I've made to date, and probably best stout I've had.

My OG was 1.066 and finished at 1.017. It stayed in primary for 45 days @ 68 and racked right to keg and force carbed to about 1.7

Not too sweet super smooth its like a nice cup if coffee. Thanks for this winner.

Oh... And I personally feel it has a slight edge on the original. I feel like its smoother.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #263
Sudz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Sudz's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2008
OKC America
Posts: 312
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts


I was curious if the lactose is factored in to the OG at 1.062.

When one is working up the ppg on a grain bill I assume you do not include non-fermentables but don't they add to the OG?

Does anyone know how this works?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #264
brewski09
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
columbus, oh
Posts: 1,096
Liked 72 Times on 69 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudz
I was curious if the lactose is factored in to the OG at 1.062.

When one is working up the ppg on a grain bill I assume you do not include non-fermentables but don't they add to the OG?

Does anyone know how this works?
It will add gravity for sure. It seems if you add it on the fermentable a section of most brewing software, it treats it like a regular fermentable sugar for starting and finishing gravity. If you put it under misc, you don't capture gravity at all. I just put it in the brewing grains/fermentables section and know the program is dumb.

FYI, I don't pay for my software, so I can overlook it. If I paid for a software package, I'd be working with them to fix the bug.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #265
pstrohs
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
St Louis
Posts: 296
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski09 View Post
It will add gravity for sure. It seems if you add it on the fermentable a section of most brewing software, it treats it like a regular fermentable sugar for starting and finishing gravity. If you put it under misc, you don't capture gravity at all. I just put it in the brewing grains/fermentables section and know the program is dumb.

FYI, I don't pay for my software, so I can overlook it. If I paid for a software package, I'd be working with them to fix the bug.
I use BeerAlchemy and it treats lactose like a nonfermentable sugar so I don't have to do any additional calculations.
__________________
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Keezer Build

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #266
DoubleDuse
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Largo, FL
Posts: 38


Bottled this morning, smells really good. My FG came out to 1.034 so I'm looking at about 5.8%. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #267
Looper
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 209
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


I just bottled this on Sunday, FG of 1.022 .. Tasted so good when I racked into the bottling bucket, I almost didn't want to carb it!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #268
DoubleDuse
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Largo, FL
Posts: 38


So after a week of conditioning in the bottles I decided it was time for a sample. It tasted so good that it turned into five 12 ounce samples. Quite possibly my best brew yet. Happy Easter everyone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #269
Looper
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 209
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


10 days after bottling, delicious. really excited to see how this one turns out after 3 weeks

thanks for the recipe!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #270
Looper
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 209
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
I just bottled this on Sunday, FG of 1.022 .. Tasted so good when I racked into the bottling bucket, I almost didn't want to carb it!
Damn this beer is good..

DEFINITELY making it again.

Thanks for the recipe!!

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Left Hand Milk Stout Clone? Grifbucs Extract Brewing 11 08-29-2013 10:21 PM
Left Hand Milk Stout Clone scutiger Homebrew Ale Recipes 0 06-06-2013 04:22 PM
Left Hand Milk Stout Clone UTbrewer Recipes/Ingredients 7 08-02-2011 06:29 PM
Adding Chocolate To Left Hand Milk Stout Clone SteveLSU75 General Beer Discussion 4 04-03-2011 08:44 PM
Odd smell in left hand brewing milk stout clone L0stm4n Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 3 03-23-2011 07:21 PM


Forum Jump