Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Smacked a smack pack
Old 10-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Smacked a smack pack

Smaked it and ended up not needing it. Is it wasted or can i put it back in fridge till next time i brew? Thanks.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2912 Times on 1715 Posts
Likes Given: 3534

I would make a a starter with it, then when the starter is done in a couple days, boil some mason jars and lids, (or sanitize them) jar up the yeast and store it in your fridge...You can use it up to at least a year. But whenever you use it you should make a starter for it.

By making a starter now you effectively make a huge amount of yeast for proper storing in jars.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew