Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Sparkling Peach White Wine, Great Recipe

Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #21
JimBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

This looks amazing. I also have a few questions about the recipe.

First, I think this question was mentioned earlier but does the juice have to be from concentrate? I have brewed a few sparkling wines with fresh juice and I always find it better than juice from concentrate. Not sure if this would affect the recipe at all.

Also, I usually don't use nutrient, and was just wondering what your opinion was on adding it. i know you said you don't need it, but do you think it enhances it or is it just an unnecessary step.

I would love to try making this!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
ejr
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

looks petty good if i can find the concentrate and apricot nectar will try thanks

Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
cowboybuckup
Recipes 

Making some of this now couldn't find the white grape / peach concentrate so we just used 4 white grape concentrate...
Hope it comes out good smells good
Thanks

Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
clevernonsense
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey kids, just chiming in!

I've made this a few times in small batches and we loved it enough that I now have a 6-gallon batch underway.

My question is this: the frozen concentrate lists preservatives in the ingredients--I thought this was a no no? In the past I've used apple juice concentrate (fyi: the "white grape peach" juice is actually over a 1/3 apple juice) to up ABV and flavor a bit, but was hoping to use the peach concentrate instead to increase some of the fruitiness. I forget what preservative was listed so maybe it's not an issue.

FYI, things I've found from my 4 batches: Lavlin 47 is my preferred yeast, I add 1/3 the recommended amount of yeast nutrient, though I didn't always, I prefer to use frozen concentrate or juice instead of any sugar.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
tryn2brew
On the road again
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The OP used frozen concentrate, and I used "Welch's 100% White Grape Peach Frozen Juice" concentrate and we both had great success.

I actually have a book on making wine called "101 Recipes for Making Wild Wines at Home: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Herbs, Fruits, and Flowers" by John N Peragine Jr. and Lynn Keay that suggest making some simple batches of wine using Welch's grape juice to learn the basics steps before doing a "serious" wine. Personally I never tried it, but have to assume it must work since they recommend it.

I'd look for concentrates with the least additives, but concur that the preservatives used, if any are not a problem. I think I've only used Welch's, and Orchard Hills from what I recall, and both worked well.

Brew on....

Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
clevernonsense
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks-- I did more research and the welch's frozen concentrates contain a small amount of sulfites which won't be too much of an issue. I think for me, I plan on letting the yeast multiply in the juice to build up a good healthy population and then add 3-4 cans of concentrate.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #27
cowboybuckup
Recipes 

What stores is every one finding their White Grape Peach juice frozen concentrate ????
Like will mart Safeway ect...

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #28
tedscastle
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboybuckup
What stores is every one finding their White Grape Peach juice frozen concentrate ????
Like will mart Safeway ect...
Fred Meyer's in Oregon.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #29
tryn2brew
On the road again
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Fred Meyer's in Washington too.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
cybergirl5710
Recipes 

This recipe looks so good. I started a 5-gallon batch of this late night. Since I'm a newbie, thought it would be a perfect recipe for me. I couldn't find "white grape peach" frozen concentrate, so I substituted "white grape raspberry." Hoping it would affect the taste in a bad way

thanks