Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > ss difusion stone fell in the deep

Old 09-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Dash
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default ss difusion stone fell in the deep

Help while aerating a batch yesterday my stainless steel diffusion stone popped off the tubing. I tried to pull it up with a rare earth magnet on the outside of the carboy, but it did not work. I pitched and all seems to be going well. I realize that Stainless is often used as a fermentation vessel, do I need to worry about this ss stone being in my primary?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Should not be a problem, just remember to grab it before you flush it down the drain. Magnets don't work with most Stainless.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2869 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

It's no different than someone dropping their airlock grommet or anything else in the fermenter. It happens to all of us at one time or another and 99% of the time the beer turns out fine....You SS stone was sanitized so that's a plus...Some of the stuff that ends up in ours isn't.

There's plenty of interesting stories here;

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/what...t-great-96780/

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew