Keezer time - Just bought an old freezer - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > Keezer time - Just bought an old freezer

Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Labrador City, NL, Canada
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Just bought an old freezer getting ready to order some parts to turn it into a Keezer.

Is it possible to build it to be expandable? Right now I only see the need for one keg, but that might change once I taste a kegged homebrew.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Brooklyn
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

what do you mean by expandable? if you mean being able to just add extra taps, you can have as many taps as you can fit kegs.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok, I figured that much.

I was thinking about ordering either a 1 or 2 keg setup from keg connection, how hard would it be to add a second keg and tap later?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
springer

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Wappingers falls NY
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

not hard to add taps and regs afterwords

Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Cool, I ordered a 2 tap setup anyway, the SWMBO said it was ok, if I folded and put away the laundry tonight. Credit Card is now racked up, but whatever, if I don't pay it off before I die, then the life insurance will.

Ordered this kit from kegconnection.com,

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=336

I hope it arrives in the next couple weeks so I can keg a couple kegs for halloween.

Now I need a temperature controller...Not sure what chore I am going to have to do to get one of those.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The wife went to Kung Fu tonight, so I ordered a Love Temp Controller when she left. She is gonna kung fu my butt when she gets home....should be fun!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #7
android

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Liked 44 Times on 35 Posts

hilarious. a lot of people will just add another keg without another regulator. it obviously eliminates the ability to carb beers to style, but it's worked just fine for me so far. i have 4 kegs running off one regulator. hopefully the wife will be easy on you!

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I slept on the couch....but we have a comfy couch, so it wasn't all bad! I should be back in the bed by tonight!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
middleofnowhere

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The SWMBO decided the freezer I bought was too big for our bar area, so I had to switch it with the old freezer we already had. Problem was the new freezer was too big to fit in the laundry room, so I had to reorganize the laundry room. Then the new freezer was too big to fit in through the door, so I had to take the hinges off and remove the top.

The good news is, I have everything arrange now, and I hope it will make her happy. Somehow I doubt it, but I am sure we will compromise eventually.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
Joe C

Recipes 

May 2008
Gate City
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hopefully you do, personally I don't see what you're doing as a big deal.

My girlfriend was the one who told me that if we couldn't have at least 4 taps then it wasn't worth making.
Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!