Blichmann Brew Stand - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Brew Stand

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Darwin18
 
Darwin18's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Posts: 5,339
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts



I was looking through the Northern Brewer catalog and noticed this on the back page:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewin...ing-stand.html

I'm not saying I could or would want to buy it, but I thought it was interesting for brewers who don't have the time or skill to weld their own brew stand.
__________________
BJCP #F0684 - Certified

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Brooklyn-Brewtality's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Brooklyn
Posts: 2,278
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts


yea, it is an interesting set up. nice that you basically design how you want to run it.
__________________
Kegged: Berlinerweisse, Dubbel, Galaxy Wheat
Bottled: Golden Strong, Mild, IIPA, Rauch
Fermenting: Saison, Imperial Wheat Stout, Brett Saison, APA, Brett Roggenbier

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Sawdustguy
 
Sawdustguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Manorville, New York
Posts: 2,708
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
I'm not saying I could or would want to buy it, but I thought it was interesting for brewers who don't have the time or skill to weld their own brew stand.
All to often I hear guys on this forum criticize others that want to buy a premade stand saying "it's not worth it". The reality of it is, that not everybody can weld and not everybody is handy. The blichman stand is a very nice stand for those who do not want to, or can't build their own and can afford to buy a premade stand. It looks well made and Blichmann stands behind their products.
__________________
Guy

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Darwin18
 
Darwin18's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Posts: 5,339
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts


I wasn't bad mouthing anybody; I don't have the equipment, skill, or time to build a stand.

To be honest, I'd probably be very interested in the Blichmann stand except I don't have that kind of money to spend on what I'd consider to be a luxury. I make good beer using my turkey fryer and cooler mash tun.

Kegging is probably where I'm going to make the next big financial committment, but I think I'll keep my eye on the Blichmann stand over the next couple of years. Maybe after I no longer owe a car payment, I'll start wanting some new toys.
__________________
BJCP #F0684 - Certified

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Sawdustguy
 
Sawdustguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Manorville, New York
Posts: 2,708
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
I wasn't bad mouthing anybody; I don't have the equipment, skill, or time to build a stand.

To be honest, I'd probably be very interested in the Blichmann stand except I don't have that kind of money to spend on what I'd consider to be a luxury. I make good beer using my turkey fryer and cooler mash tun.

Kegging is probably where I'm going to make the next big financial committment, but I think I'll keep my eye on the Blichmann stand over the next couple of years. Maybe after I no longer owe a car payment, I'll start wanting some new toys.
I am sorry. It was not meant for you. I weld but didn't have the time to build a stand. My wife saved for a long time and bought me a Brew Magic stand (just the stand). The stand wasn't cheap and I made the mistake of posting how much it cost. I won't say anything more.......
__________________
Guy

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
brrman
Recipes 
 
Oct 2006
Indianapolis, IN, Indiana
Posts: 1,694
Liked 98 Times on 75 Posts


sawdustguy - a lot of people are DIY elitists on this board - don't waste your time worrying about them... incidentally - are you a woodworker? Always nice to meet other woodworkers...

I DIY everything because it's in my blood I think... I just love tinkering. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying something for whatever reason. This forum is for brewing mainly, and there's no law that says you have to make everything you brew with...
__________________
8-Paws Brewing Co.
Tap 1:.Bombastic IIPA (10g)
Tap 2:.Mudpuddle Oatmeal Stout (10g) [nitro]

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
beerocd
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Posts: 697
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by brrman View Post
I DIY everything because it's in my blood I think... I just love tinkering. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying something for whatever reason. This forum is for brewing mainly, and there's no law that says you have to make everything you brew with...
I DIY everything cuz I'm cheap and I like to know how stuff works. Sometimes it doesn't turn out cheaper, sometimes it doesn't turn out better, but I still like mine best.

-OCD
__________________

Due to recent economic crisis, stock market crash, budget cuts, and the rising cost of everything including taxes: "The Light at the End of The Tunnel" has been turned off.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Scut_Monkey
 
Scut_Monkey's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,656
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


They are expensive but so is your time to build one if you don't get enjoyment out of doing that. It's your money, your time and your hobby. Do as you wish and don't feel guilty. Just enjoy the hobby.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #9
Sawdustguy
 
Sawdustguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Manorville, New York
Posts: 2,708
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by brrman View Post
sawdustguy - a lot of people are DIY elitists on this board - don't waste your time worrying about them... incidentally - are you a woodworker? Always nice to meet other woodworkers...

I DIY everything because it's in my blood I think... I just love tinkering. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying something for whatever reason. This forum is for brewing mainly, and there's no law that says you have to make everything you brew with...
Not by trade, but by passion. Woodworking is my numero ono hobby. I inherited it from my pop who was a cabinet maker. I DIY'ed everything on my brewery except the stand. I couldn't have done it otherwise because I could not afford to buy a commercial made system like the Brew Magic. I even weld but didn't have the time to build a stand if I wanted to brew this summer. It would have taken me forever. I have a 12" cabinet saw I inherited from my dad, a delta DJ-20 jointer, 20" thickness planer, Leigh Dovetail machine, Multi-Router I built myself and a MiniMax Band saw. My wife turns and she has a Oneway lathe. Yes, that is how I got my handle on the board.
__________________
Guy

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #10
BostonianBrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Boston, MA
Posts: 321
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


i know how to weld but don't have any equipment so to do either would cost me about the same maybe even more building my own after the welder, stone saw , grinder , gas , filler wire and stock

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blichmann Modular Brewing Stand "Top Tier" (spring 09) amishland Equipment/Sanitation 76 08-25-2015 03:00 PM
My DIY brew stand DarthCaitSith Brew Stands 13 10-06-2010 01:52 PM
SEWAGE Help with a review: donate you Blichmann Fermenator for a brew Boerderij_Kabouter Great Lakes Homebrew Forum 13 06-10-2009 04:37 PM
Need some help with my Brew Stand... Please. ThePearsonFam Brew Stands 7 05-25-2009 04:06 PM
Brew Stand Jeremy981 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 2 04-24-2007 04:51 PM


Forum Jump