Where to drink in DC? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > Where to drink in DC?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts

yeah, fuel is good.... overall they are mediocre, but that one is fab! they do not always have it tho....

claphamsa on untappd

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
ace3's carboy
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Kingwood/Cypress, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Church Key is a new entry into the mix. ~50 taps and good bottles. Prices aren't particularly special, but a solid place. Same owners as Rustico in Alexandria which boasts about 30 taps and is also quality. If you want to head into VA, Galaxy Hut in Arlington is excellent. ~15 well rotated taps and fairly good prices. It's a totally hole in the wall, but I love it. Pizza Paradiso in g-town or dupont are my favorite happy hour spots. 1/2 price drafts on tues and wed from 5- 7

smithwicksman Likes This 
Old 11-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
smithwicksman
Recipes 

Oct 2009
DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace3's carboy View Post
Church Key is a new entry into the mix. ~50 taps and good bottles. Prices aren't particularly special, but a solid place. Same owners as Rustico in Alexandria which boasts about 30 taps and is also quality. If you want to head into VA, Galaxy Hut in Arlington is excellent. ~15 well rotated taps and fairly good prices. It's a totally hole in the wall, but I love it. Pizza Paradiso in g-town or dupont are my favorite happy hour spots. 1/2 price drafts on tues and wed from 5- 7
+1 for Churchkey - Around 50 tap beers, at least a hundred more by bottle, reasonable prices and a beer somellier with the title "beer director". It just opened up a month ago at 14th and U. Bartenders are also quite knowledgeable.
Cheers

Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
ribbon
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Maryland

best place by far is Unionjacks in bethesda

Old 12-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
ace3's carboy
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Kingwood/Cypress, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithwicksman View Post
+1 for Churchkey - Around 50 tap beers, at least a hundred more by bottle, reasonable prices and a beer somellier with the title "beer director". It just opened up a month ago at 14th and U. Bartenders are also quite knowledgeable.
Cheers
I finally got around to Churchkey last week. Despite the massive tap list and casks, the selection was fairly boring overall and the pricing was terrible. The bottle list was pretty good and the pricing wasn't as bad.

Best drinking is still Pizza Paradiso imho... especially for happy hour.