Where to drink in DC? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > Where to drink in DC?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
Ksosh

Recipes 

Jun 2009
Albany, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Capitol City Brewing Company is pretty good, they brew 5-6 beers on premises (and have others on tap/bottle obviously).
Secondary: Second running session ale #2

Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
ArcaneXor

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 118 Times on 105 Posts

I enjoyed the Brickskeller last week, but was disappointed that they were out of the Berliner Weisse and Koelsch I had wanted. Also a bit pricey, but definitely worth a stop if you find yourself in the Dupont Circle area.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneXor View Post
I enjoyed the Brickskeller last week, but was disappointed that they were out of the Berliner Weisse and Koelsch I had wanted. Also a bit pricey, but definitely worth a stop if you find yourself in the Dupont Circle area.
brikskellers is always like that... you have to have 5 beers in mind and hope they have one!

claphamsa on untappd

Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #14
bjzelectric

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It might be too late but believe it or not the Blueridge Pkwy is dubbed the BREWridge Pkwy b/c there are several outstanding brewpubs along the way. Blue Mountain in Crozet Va., South Street/Starr Hill in Charlottesville, Devils Backbone in Roseland and Callys in Harrisonburg. All great brew pubs with nice scenic drives. Good times!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #15

Well, we made it to RFD twice while we were in DC. It's a pretty nice place and focuses a little more on the food side than I'd like but the beer list is outstanding!

The first evening (late afternoon) began with a bottle of Staropramen Czech lager, followed by drafts of Hoegaarden Witbier and Duvel Green Begian Blonde. For the next visit I decided to stay with seasonal draft brews: I started with Erdinger Octoberfest Weizen and moved to Hofbrau Octoberfest before moving to a hoppy American Weyerbacher Harvest Ale. Great beers in good surroundings. Thanks for the tip!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
claphamsa

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK

they focus too much on the food side? their food is awful! I just always order nachos.... speaking of RFD we need to plan a new happy hour!

claphamsa on untappd

Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #17

The food may indeed be awful but both times we were there it was packed with people eating. I saw a lot of customers drinking wine and mixed drinks but there didn't appear to be an abundance of craft brew fans - thus my comment on the food focus. The beer-steamed mussels were good :-)

Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
claphamsa

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersolstice View Post
The food may indeed be awful but both times we were there it was packed with people eating. I saw a lot of customers drinking wine and mixed drinks but there didn't appear to be an abundance of craft brew fans - thus my comment on the food focus. The beer-steamed mussels were good :-)
yeah, it always pains me to see people order Corona......

claphamsa on untappd

Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
freshyill
Recipes 

Nov 2009
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucke View Post
The Brickskeller is a legend, but they only have about 1/4 of the beers on the menu, and the food isn't so good.
Tell me about it. I've spent 10 minutes finding a beer after going through their very impressive list, only to be told by the waitress that they don't have it... three times in a row.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
freshyill
Recipes 

Nov 2009
North Carolina

Don't overlook Capital City Brewery when you're in DC. They've got an Imperial Stout that will knock you on your ass. It's as dark as Ten Fidy and pretty damn good.