Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Carbonating a Heineken Mini-Keg

Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
AnotherFinch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carbonating a Heineken Mini-Keg

Is it possible to buy those mini-kegs from the store and somehow hook up a small CO2 line to them to carbonate?

I know, silly... my buddy wants to know. I'm just going to buy a 5-gallon keg, CO2 tank, and cabling, but he wants to know if he can do it mini-keg at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain_karma
edited for druck spelling

Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
dontman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There are mini kegerators for mini heineken kegs. But those already come carbed and I don't believe you can refill the heineken ones.

The standard mini kegs (non Heineken) otoh have several different co2 pressure and dispensing systems.

It is not a bad system, not great, definitely not as good as regular kegs, but it works if you have the headspace in the fridge for it. It is pretty tall.

http://www.homebrewshop.com/equipment.html#minikegging

This site has a couple options.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.