blueberry concord wine???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys79

Reaction score
I'm going to be picking an unknown quantity of Concord grapes this Saturday (a friend told me come get em before the deer do), and was just thinking, I also have a 3lb bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer. Anyone out there tried making a blueberry concord wine? If so, how did it turn out? If not, any ideas how it might turn out?

It's probably a smart idea. I'd let your grapes ferment first, then add the blueberries in secondary. I'm not sure if you've ever made a concorde wine before, but they're apparently pretty odd.

I just finished drinking a glass of a mini brew I did with a bottle of Welch's grape juice. Not too bad, didn't age well in the plastic juice bottle though, pretty hot and hoochy, but not bad with a little sugar to sweeten it up. I have about half a pound of wild blackberries I could throw in too. I'd have mulberries if I had thought to pick them (tad bit out of season now...). There's a HUGE mulberry tree in the empty lot next to my house.

Lat year, I made a blueberry/blackberry/Welch's Concord Grape juice wine. After a year, it has mellowed out and is great. Super high alcohol content for a wine.

OMFG!!! I got a hell of a lot more grapes than I was expecting. Just spent 3 hours destemming the first box and got 4 gallons of grapes out of it. Still have another box and a 15gal plastic tote to go. Don't think I'll need the blueberries to get up to 5gal.

I make a blueberry and concord grape wine that I can't keep enough of. people like it better than any other wine I make. make sure to get good home grown blueberries and freeze both berries and grapes for as long as you can stand before thawing and fermenting for best flavor and sweetness. I used 2 gallons of pureed blueberry and 2 gallons of grapes to make a 5 gallon batch of wine, the sugar is no exact science, 3 pounds to start then add to taste at second rack.

Back