I scaled back the original recipe because I was using a 3 gallon fermenter..I added 1/2 lb brown sugar but forgot to scale back on the DME ..
The OG was off the charts but the notty worked it's magic and some month and 3 weeks later I popped the top off the first..
Taste notes are as follows.. pleasant apple note on the nose and fairly subtle apple flavor without a hint of the somtimes overpowering applewein alcohol.. It's like a cross between a commercial cider and applewein...
NOTE I did add brown sugar and almost double the DME I should have.. So it's got the kick of a mule but really drinkable... I added a dash of cider to sweeten it and it's really really good..
Also it cleared nicely after the 3rd week in the bottle without much sediment..
BTW this stuff can seriously f-you up..Half a pint in and my stomach is all warm and toasty..