Gainesville, FL - Page 137 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Gainesville, FL

Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #1361
cnmaestro
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I'm still here lurking. Just got my Moose Slobber kit from Northern Brewer that I'm brewing this weekend and I'm getting ingredients for EdWorts Apfelwein to slap together this weekend too. I got three empty legs that need filling

Happy Brewing,
Chris

Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #1362
Ebbtide
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Williston, FL
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice! I can't wait till I fire up my burner for the first time. Let me know how that moose slobber tastes.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1363
CS223
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Liked 41 Times on 11 Posts

Another near Gainesville resident. How did I miss this thread?

Of all the things I've learned from HBT the single most important lesson has been: RDWHAHB.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #1364
Ebbtide
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Williston, FL
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey CS! Where do you guys get your Co2 filled up @ in or around Gville?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #1365
cnmaestro
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbtide
Hey CS! Where do you guys get your Co2 filled up @ in or around Gville?
Alachua Fire Extinguisher on Williston Road. Filled up a 7lbs for around 20 bucks.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #1366
CS223
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmaestro View Post
Alachua Fire Extinguisher on Williston Road. Filled up a 7lbs for around 20 bucks.
Yep, real nice folks, a little out of the way for me but they fill while you wait. my 10# bottle was right at $20. HAW has their prices posted as well. I tried to talk them into working some deal where customers could drop off bottles one day a week, have AFE pick them up, fill them and return them to HAW for customers to pick up. I need to email Barron and run it by him again.

Of all the things I've learned from HBT the single most important lesson has been: RDWHAHB.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #1367
knuckleheadbrewing
Recipes 

Jul 2012
North Georgia, GA
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Just north of you a bit in Tallahassee
Fermenter 1: Sado Hopicuss IPA
Fermenter 2:
www.facebook.com/knuckleheadbrewing

Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #1368
Ebbtide
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Williston, FL
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The only prob with Alachua Fire is that I can never get there during their business hours. No weekends and they close @ 4:30. That would be ideal if HAW worked out something like that. It would be a win-win for both biz.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #1369
ArcaneXor

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 117 Times on 104 Posts

I'll mention it to Barron, but there are a few logistical issues to deal with to make this work.

Airgas is an alternative, though I believe they swap rather than fill. There's also Praxair, but I don't know if they do consumer co2. I didn't know they existed until Neal at TPs mentioned it.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #1370
CS223
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneXor View Post
I'll mention it to Barron, but there are a few logistical issues to deal with to make this work.

Airgas is an alternative, though I believe they swap rather than fill. There's also Praxair, but I don't know if they do consumer co2. I didn't know they existed until Neal at TPs mentioned it.
Airgas only swaps. I called and at that time they said only 5# and 20# were available. I didn't call Strait Welding, they're off of Waldo road in the industrial park. Disintegr8or swaps his at Car Quest, and Tractor Supply I believe carries (swaps) welding CO2 as well.