Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > NanoBrewery build

Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #1071
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 97

HBH, do you have a website? I did a search and only find you in the nano list that Hess put together. Somebody go and do a youtube interview video if he approves.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #1072
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
HBH, do you have a website? I did a search and only find you in the nano list that Hess put together. Somebody go and do a youtube interview video if he approves.
No website just a facebook page.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #1073
mattmeiske12
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Great thread Hoss! I wish you all the best with your endeavor.

I just wanted to thank you for inspiring people like me to pursue a dream. Starting as small as you did, it makes me think it's not too out of reach. I'm starting small... got my ideas all lined up and trying to get all the ducks in a row before I take the plunge. Just upgraded to a 10-gal system... Baby steps. I don't just want to do brewing either, but provide quality food as well. So that will be a separate challenge that I will need to hurdle.

Cheers to you bud!
Bottled: Harvest Ale, Mojito Pale Ale (Lime and Punishmint), French Saison (w/Brett), Nugget Nectar Clone, Chocolate PB Stout, Hot Chocolate (Chocolate Chili Stout), Kobe (Chocolate Oak Yeti Clone), Defendant (Black IPA)
On Deck: Cinnamon Raisin Strong Ale

GREEN ACRES BREWING
Allentown, PA

Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #1074
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeiske12 View Post
Great thread Hoss! I wish you all the best with your endeavor.

I just wanted to thank you for inspiring people like me to pursue a dream. Starting as small as you did, it makes me think it's not too out of reach. I'm starting small... got my ideas all lined up and trying to get all the ducks in a row before I take the plunge. Just upgraded to a 10-gal system... Baby steps. I don't just want to do brewing either, but provide quality food as well. So that will be a separate challenge that I will need to hurdle.

Cheers to you bud!
Thank you and good luck to you!
10 gallon batches are easy to control and give you about 2 cases of brew. You may have to brew more often but to start it's excellent. I'm mostly doing 10 gallon batches right now to keep it fresh and it's easy to do. Plus I'm not brewing the same thing over and over I keep changing it up making 1 bbl batches just not reasonable right now.
Again, good luck in your quest.
suds_zville Likes This 
Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1075
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Brew day today. Brewing my Mariposa Amber. I usually use Cascade hops for both bittering and aroma but this time I'm going to use Nelson Savin hops for the aroma. It's also a citrusy hop like the Cascade but more potent and berry like. Only bumping up the IBU's by 3 points overall so it will still be the mellow Amber I like.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #1076
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Yes, it's time to start brewing up a nice supply for spring customers! Do you brew any "lawn mower" type beers for the hikers who may not want a real malty beer?

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 03-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #1077
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
Yes, it's time to start brewing up a nice supply for spring customers! Do you brew any "lawn mower" type beers for the hikers who may not want a real malty beer?
Yes, I have the Amber which was created as a session beer and I also have a Belgian Pale Blond Ale which is now available in the Pioneer Market along with the Porter.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #1078
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

The Nelson Savin hops did not arrive as planned so I didn't brew yesterday. Going to brew today and I'm going to try another Hopunion blend of citrusy hops called "Zythos". Similar to the Nelson blend but may not be quite as potent. Once the Nelson blend arrives I'll just be forced to brew again and compare the 2.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #1079
Tupperwolf
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

My absolute favorite IPA is Societe's The Pupil. They use Nelson Sauvin and Citra. It's absolutely delicious. I bet you will be very happy with whatever finished product the Nelson goes into when it arrives

Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #1080
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
My absolute favorite IPA is Societe's The Pupil. They use Nelson Sauvin and Citra. It's absolutely delicious. I bet you will be very happy with whatever finished product the Nelson goes into when it arrives
That's good to hear. Just smelling the Zyphos vs. the Cascade, the Zyphos is a lot more citrusy whereas the Cascade is very piney. Should make for an interesting comparison.