Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Tiny Bubbles Like Champagne in beer?

Old 09-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Rockweezy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tiny Bubbles Like Champagne in beer?

After bottles and waiting 3 weeks, I have openned bottles of my first 2 batches and noticed that the beer has bubbles consistantly rising from the bottom of the glass for at least a few minutes. It is almost like champagne. I rarely if ever had a beer like this. Last night, I looked closely at the points where bubbles were rising from (on the side of the glass was one). It looked as if there was some sediment stuck to the glass. I thinking maybe all it is poor pouring on my part resulting in priming sugar in my glass.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
EvilTOJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's perfectly normal for beer to bubble like that. As for the priming sugar, that's actually yeast sediment, or it's a not-completely-washed glass. The priming sugar is (OK, it SHOULD be) completely dissolved into the beer. If the bubbles seem to be rising a lot from that spot, it's because they're nucleation sites for the CO2 to form bubbles at.