Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Batch Results

Old 09-15-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
Spyd3r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default First Batch Results

Well, my first batch is a victim of my own inexperience. I fermented too high, didn't properly sanitize my bottles, and miss timed the boil/cool down sequence.

The result is a beer with high esters, and a cider bite...with a plastic aftertaste after a burp. lol

I'm going to drink them all, mainly because I don't want to fully admit failure, and because I can't stand pouring $35 down the kitchen sink.

Anyway, I'm going to brew my second batch this weekend...probably that Pumpkin Ale recipe that I've seen floating around...hopefully I can correct the mistakes that I made, and reap the rewards!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Jknapp
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My first was a pretty bad Heffe, although bummed, I consider it part of my education. And yes, I drank them. I still have a few left, but I wait until I, ahem, can't taste them so well if you know what I mean..

The up side is: if you've shared this batch with your friends/neighbors, they won't WANT to try your next batches when you get good - you'll have them all to yourself!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Spyd3r
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wouldn't dare share these. I'm pretty embarrassed about it...