Hopsdirect.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfowler1

Reaction score
I placed my first bulk hops order yesterday. I have bought 1/2 lb bags before from Midwest Supplies, but I have never seen prices this low in my short brewing career. I had been toying with the idea of a bulk order over the past month or so, but when I checked the website on Sunday, prices were about 50% less than I had previously seen. Hops are in the mail.

1 lb Cascade
1 lb Centennial
1 lb Northern Brewer
1 lb Willamette

$40 for 4 lbs of hops - Pretty cheap, especially when I am used to paying around $2.00-$3.00/ oz.

just wow... I bought a 1lb of centennial about 2 months ago and it was about 50% more. makes you think about paying $3 an ounce...

for those of us on the east coast just take into account that it took approx a week for me to get my order.

After I paid $65 for the hop bill on a Pliny clone, I started buying hops on line, now I have 6lbs in the freezer. They are still in bags right now, but when I get my Mason jar attachment for my food saver, I'll be storing them in mason jars.

Hops Direct is a great resource, I like fresh hops too for whole hops.

Yup, hopsdirect.com is full of win. I have 10# being delivered to me tomorrow.

+1 to all of you! I just ordered a couple lbs, didnt need much because im stocked up pretty much but still. Prices are great so may as well fill up everything

I've purchased several pounds from them before. I then packaged them in 1oz vacuum sealed pouches. I like your selected hops. Those are many of my favorite.

If anyone is interested, I had hopsdirect add two cold packs to my shipment (added about a 1 lb of shipping costs). I knew it was going to take a week to get here and wanted those puppies staying cold, especially the cascade!

First order from them and hoping for a great experience. The prices are pretty hard to beat. I got 4 lbs this year and maybe next year, even more!

Just ordered: 1lb cascade pellets, 1lb chinook pellets, and 1lb Hallertau pellets. My food saver should pay for itself after this. :rockin:

So..... I ordered a pound of Cascade leafs last week. Nowhere on the site do they mention how much shipping is. They say it's all UPS Ground, and will be calculated later, but... Anyone receive shipments? It's not ludicrous, is it?

I'm jealous... I don't have a place to store that kind of hoppage yet.

Why not? A lb of hops is about as big as a bag of frozen peas...

So..... I ordered a pound of Cascade leafs last week. Nowhere on the site do they mention how much shipping is. They say it's all UPS Ground, and will be calculated later, but... Anyone receive shipments? It's not ludicrous, is it?

Shipping to Indianapolis for 2 lbs was $9
I think I once ordered 5 lbs for $13 shipping

$11.99 for a 8lb package to KY.

Back when I ordered in July,

Your order - 02 Item(s):

Item 01: 1 each HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 16.50
Item 02: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.50

SubTotal: $ 27.00

Shipping: $TBD
Total: $ 27.00

The shipping will be calculated the following business day, due to the fact
that we have a variety of methods available. If no preference is stated,
we will ship your order UPS Ground.

Final charge to my cc was 32.50

So that means shipping was $5.50

That's shipping was Washington to Southern Oregon...

Thanks all... I wasn't too scared, if there was something funny, I would have read about it on here already.

Even if the shipping is double the $9.50 purchase price, I'll be happy. That's still $2/oz cheaper than my LHBS.

Just got a call from them this afternoon... Apparently they were out of one of them I ordered so they asked if they could subbed it out... No problem...

Glad to see they actually called... Should be shipping in the next two days...

5 pounds of hoppy goodness on their way....

:mug:

Back