Vienna/Centennial SMaSH - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Vienna/Centennial SMaSH
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #21
chefchris
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,711
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
Subscribe...
Subscribe? Brew this recipe!

trust me.


__________________
staygoldBREWING

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
RC0032
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Chicago
Posts: 1,121
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts


Im saving it for later. Im picking up a 1/2 sack of Vienna and already have a lb of Centennial...time good sir time is what I need!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
Jaysus
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
H'burg, PA
Posts: 946
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts


Thoughts on how Columbus would work with Vienna in place of Centennial??

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
chefchris
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,711
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts


Columbus is very grapefruit-y. I did an all Columbus IPA a few months back and it took it sometime for it to smooth out. But when it did it was really good.
__________________
staygoldBREWING

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #25
lady_brewer
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 428
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


This is a possibility for my first attempt at AG... other than the hops seem to be a fortune from the LHBS...

What did you use for yeast? And you mentioned that you lagered it? More details please

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #26
chefchris
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,711
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_brewer View Post
This is a possibility for my first attempt at AG... other than the hops seem to be a fortune from the LHBS...

What did you use for yeast? And you mentioned that you lagered it? More details please
I used S05.

Basically it was just a long cold crash. Couple of weeks near 32F, helps clear the beer and makes the flavors meld together nicely. This is not a must, I like to do it when the time and space allow.
__________________
staygoldBREWING

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
lady_brewer
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 428
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
I used S05.

Basically it was just a long cold crash. Couple of weeks near 32F, helps clear the beer and makes the flavors meld together nicely. This is not a must, I like to do it when the time and space allow.
Nice thanks...

We have a room (two actually) that the hot air vents in the house don't run to... can put anything at 13C + or - for a while, especially during the winter...

Pricing the LHBS it is cheaper to order online for most stuff at a flat shipping rate... prolly going to put together a list for 3-4 brews and place an order. This will have to be one of them...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #28
chefchris
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,711
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_brewer View Post
Nice thanks...

We have a room (two actually) that the hot air vents in the house don't run to... can put anything at 13C + or - for a while, especially during the winter...

Pricing the LHBS it is cheaper to order online for most stuff at a flat shipping rate... prolly going to put together a list for 3-4 brews and place an order. This will have to be one of them...
Sweet, let me know how it turns out.

__________________
staygoldBREWING

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #29
greenchuck
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Winston-Salem,NC
Posts: 10

Hey guys, I'm giving this a shot tomorrow afternoon, have bought all of my ingredients and am ready to get busy. I'm using the exact recipe in the first post, also with the S05. I just built a new mash tun out of an igloo cooler so i'll be busting my cherry on the mash tun and smash beers in general!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #30
chefchris
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 1,711
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchuck View Post
Hey guys, I'm giving this a shot tomorrow afternoon, have bought all of my ingredients and am ready to get busy. I'm using the exact recipe in the first post, also with the S05. I just built a new mash tun out of an igloo cooler so i'll be busting my cherry on the mash tun and smash beers in general!
I am honored. Chime back in and tell me how it turns out.


__________________
staygoldBREWING

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cascade + Vienna SMaSH z987k Recipes/Ingredients 10 09-11-2010 05:33 AM
Vienna SMaSH Hop choice? dontman Recipes/Ingredients 2 10-17-2009 05:32 AM
Vienna/Sterling SMaSH Deacon1856 General Techniques 5 09-24-2009 10:54 PM
Critique a Vienna/Crystal SMaSH? BobOscarBob Recipes/Ingredients 1 08-01-2009 08:04 PM
Comments on Vienna/Centennial SMaSH CharlosCarlies Recipes/Ingredients 10 07-10-2009 05:09 PM


Forum Jump