I'm falling apart - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm falling apart

Old 09-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
SavageSteve

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Connecticut
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

It sucks getting old. I recently turned 40, and I got rewarded today with a bout of unexplained lower back pain-- the second worst I've ever had (the first not too long ago).

I want some factory reconditioning.

-Steve
Planning: n/a

Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
Wade E
Beer Buster
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Middlebury, Ct.
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I hear you there. Im almost 40 and have screwed up quite a few discs in my back and can barely tie my shoes or put on socks in the morning. By the end of the day Im a little more limber but the pain sucks and I have to lift heavy stuff all day and really dont have a choice unless I want to find another job that doesnt pay nearly enough to pay my mortgage!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #3

Sorry. That's about when my back problems began in earnest - much better now. My advice is to be careful with it - I let it go way to long, thought i could just deal with it.

Want irrefutable evidence against "Intelligent Design"? No one remotely intelligent designed my back . . .

Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3749 Times on 3582 Posts

Is this the Connecticut old guys bitch thread? Count me in. My 41st is in 9 days. Ugh.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Is this the Connecticut old guys bitch thread? Count me in. My 41st is in 9 days. Ugh.
I thought I told you youngsters to stay the hell off my lawn!!!!

(I'm 47)

Old 09-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #6
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

I'm 45 and this has been my year of steady decline.

I was cleaning up in the house earlier this year and I bent down to pick up a stray piece of lint. Yes, a whole piece of lint. I guess I didn't bend properly for the load and I actually felt something slip in my back. I actually blacked out a little, the pain was so excrutiating. It took me 15 minutes to move 10 feet to my bed and fall over into it. I couldn't move until my wife came home and started stetching me out.

Take heart Steve, you have 5 more years until it starts getting really bad.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3749 Times on 3582 Posts

Hell, I have you all beat. I had back surgery at the ripe old age of 36. Still have some problems, but it was the best thing I ever did. Not being able to move for 8 months might have had something to do with that outlook.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #8
SavageSteve

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Connecticut
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontman View Post
I actually blacked out a little, the pain was so excrutiating. It took me 15 minutes to move 10 feet to my bed and fall over into it. I couldn't move until my wife came home and started stetching me out.

Take heart Steve, you have 5 more years until it starts getting really bad.
Wow. Mine suddenly doesn't seem so bad...

-Steve
Planning: n/a

Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontman View Post
I'm 45 and this has been my year of steady decline.

I was cleaning up in the house earlier this year and I bent down to pick up a stray piece of lint. Yes, a whole piece of lint. I guess I didn't bend properly for the load and I actually felt something slip in my back. I

Honest to god, I sneezed. That was it.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #10
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

LMAO. I forgot to mention that. My wife laughs at me because I am actually afraid to sneeze now. Seems like I pull a muscle somewhere whenever I do.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.