Rookie Brewer New Member

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean187

Reaction score
Just signed up last night, and started my first brew last night. English Export Ale. Not sure what to expect, but I learned some key take aways for next time.

I had some issues cooling the wort. It took over night to finally cool down. I think I may have pitched while temps were still a little to warm, I have my brew in the bottling bucket fermenting by mistake, ( don't want to mess anything up ) and I have no activity after 18 hours. This should be interesting...

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to expect???

Thanks!:tank:

Expect your first few brews to be a little rough around the edges, but I'd encourage you to read as much as you can get your hands on.

allow up to 72 hours to show signs of fermentation. If you've still got nothing after that period of time check out some of the sticky threads on yeast pitching to see it they help.

Hi Sean,

Welcome to HBT. The first few times I brewed I took the wort in the boil kettle and placed it into a bathtub of iced water... it took about 20-30 minutes and things were down to around 70-85F where I could strain it into a carboy and pitch the yeast. Give that a try next time.

Good luck and welcome.

Cheers,
Ben

Back