10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Mug
Oh my god I forgot about the tape drive! We had a dual floppy drive too - It was the size of a toaster. Remember the plug-in cartridges? Rogue, Dallas Quest, Canyon Climber, Super Pitfall, Koronis Rift . . . Those 5-lb joysticks with the dinky sticks . . . a useless optional peripheral called a 'mouse' . . . and some games had COLOR!

Man, I wish I knew where that computer went to. It would be cool to check it out some time for nostalgia.

Ok>_
I have two of them (I think both are still there) at my folks' house. Our first computer was a 16K CoCo2, we upgraded to the CoCo3 (with 128K) a couple years later. Still have a boatload of tapes with my programs on them (helluva way to teach an eight year old, or however old I was at the time, how to do logical reasoning - write a damn progam in BASIC!).

My moms keeps bugging me to get them out of the house, but every time I say something to my wife about hooking them up, she just rolls her eyes at me.

I'll have to grab them next time I'm up there....

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 09-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #32
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornkob
BTW-- please buy lots of games--- especially Marvel games. (Activision does profit sharing).
ANd, buy nvidia. It's the way it's meant to be played. {plug, plug, plug}

Old 09-16-2006, 10:27 PM   #33
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Every now and then I play Halo 2 online (screen name is cunnilicious) but I rarely have time. I bought Civilization, played it a few times and shelfed it. I just don't have time for video games anymore. Drat!
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #34
nosnhojr

Recipes 

May 2006
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san
My 286. It was a 16MHz bad-ass hotrod of a machine with a 10MB hdd and both 3.5 and 5.25 floppies. I had to turn the 'turbo' button off and drop it down to 8 MHz so that Larry didn't run like he was on crank.

-walker

PS: That machine is still alive today in perfect working order. My grandpa uses it to play solitaire.
I played LSL on an original Mac in 1985 or so. That was my second computer. The first was an early model TRS-80, around 1978. Still have both machines, in pristine condition. Although I do have trouble reading programs from those damn cassette tapes...

Old 09-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #35
knewshound
Recipes 

Apr 2006
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I play many World War II games. Used to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Then I moved on to Call of Duty. Then got Call of Duty: United Offensive. Now I play Call of Duty 2.
I usually play COD2 on Virtual Mercs server, look me up sometime as "Milf Man".

Cheers,

knewshound

In Beer there is Strength.

In Water there is Bacteria.

The knewshounds Blog

Homebrewing 1A

Homebrewing 101

Old 09-17-2006, 03:05 AM   #36
Exo

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Wisconsin
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

My first??? Commodore 64...
Wasp Bitten IPA (a Walker-San clone);Cheesefood's Caramel Creme; Wee Heavy Scottish Ale;
Bottled/Conditioning:
Flyin' Hornet Pale Ale(Mirror Pond clone);Oktoberfest Ale
Drinking:
Boom-Boom Apricot Hefeweisen; Forbidden Ale;Pale-Ass Ale (SNPA Clone); Ol' Man Winter Ale
On-deck:
Dead Guy clone
Planning:
Walker's Espresso Stout; BrewPastor's Bastard Lager
Quote:
But honey, how else am I going to get enough bottles for my next batch? *burp*...*fart*

Old 09-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #37
Vagrant

Recipes 

Jun 2006
A Marriott near you
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll admit to playing World of Warcraft. I'm not a huge gamer, but I fire it up once in a while. I also have a XBox 360. I mainly use it to stream music and watch dvds. I didnt own a game for it for 5 months. I just downloaded demo's from XBox Live when I felt the urge.. I'm a cheap bastard =)

Old 09-17-2006, 04:12 AM   #38
Spyk'd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Waveland, MS
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

I was heavily into SWG after beta testing it. Rode that pony into the ground about the time my daughter was born.

I also beta tested Dungeons and Dragons online, but found that, once again, I had no time due to said daughter's birth.

Now I just log into forums and engage in the occasional stimulating conversation in between working and fixing my house.

I love MMORPS's, they really are evil.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 AM   #39
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyk'd
Now I just log into forums and engage in the occasional stimulating conversation
None of that going on here.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #40
Spyk'd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Waveland, MS
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

And now for your viewing pleasure:

MTrev

This was from my D&D Online Beta Board...