Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've seen in a few other threads grown men alluding to playing video games.

I have to say I am guilty as well. I enjoy relaxing with a nice home brew and playing a game of Battlefield 2. It's the only game I play but what's sad is I only have the demo multiplayer version so it's just 1 level.

Anyone else playing any multiplayer games from time to time here?

I don't really have time to play anymore now that I have kids, but I used to play EverQuest quite a bit.

Now, about all I play is Baseball or Football on X-Box and that isn't too often.

There is only one truly great online game - BF2. I've been beta testing BF2142 for several weeks and just can't get into the futuristic stuff.

Word of warning... if "Liepo" has his sights set on you - your dead already. heh

I found the "Game Room" at work last week. Ms Pac-Man, Galaga, Golden Tee, and pinball.
I play alot of games, mostly PS2 but I have played some PC games like Civ 3, SWG, Half Life 2, and FarCry.

If anyone can point me towards a non emulator and on-line version of the UK game 'Elite' I'll be dead from desertion of my loved ones and finally starvation as well......;)

John Beere said:
There is only one truly great online game - BF2. I've been beta testing BF2142 for several weeks and just can't get into the futuristic stuff.
I enjoy BF2, as well as CounterStrike: Source, CoD2, Gunbound (yea, i admit it, I play Gunbound). The futuristic BF2142 just doesnt appeal to me, yet.

I used to be a console player, but over the past few years online gaming has gotten so good, i dont think i'll ever go back.

most weekends, after the ladyfriend goes to bed, i sit and play games and drink beer. sounds a little pathetic, but i always look forward to it.

I play a few xbox games. Splinter Cell has to be one of my faves - playing co-op with someone who has skills is awesome fun. Farcry and HL2 on PC totally rock as well.

I wasn't impressed with FarCry. You had to use your nightvision goggles way to much and the battery life just sucked. A friend of mine said to turn up the brightness on your monitor and you can see fine but I think that's just a PITA. One of the few games that I had no desire to complete, not counting games that are just complete crap like Blitz: The League.

Wheat King said:
sounds a little pathetic, but i always look forward to it.

Not pathetic at all! I have several childhood friends who live on the other side of the country that I would have completely lost track of if it wasn't for online gaming. We all get on a private Teamspeak server, join a squad, down many beers, and have great times! Its like we are all there together...

The last video game I played all the way through to the end was Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. I think I was about 14 years old.

-walker

Walker-san said:
The last video game I played all the way through to the end was Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. I think I was about 14 years old.

-walker
And then at 26 you finally turned off the PC and met your wife. Beautiful....;)

Walker-san said:

-walker

What machine were you playing on?

I've been playing a bit of Rome: Total war lately, sitll kicking my ass. Soon as Vanguard: Saga of Heros comes out I'll give that a shot . . . been on the beta test list now for over a year :(

Pumbaa said:
been on the beta test list now for over a year :(

Beta testing is pretty cool. I was a beta tester for Diablo II. SWMBO couldn't understand when I told her I couldn't go out with her one Friday night because I had to be online for a server stress-test! Whatever, she still married me...

I still get into video games. Keeps me out of trouble. I have a PS2 and PSP. The PS2 never gets used anymore except for weekends when my step son plays it. I love the SOCOM and Ghost Recon type games, so I still buy those. I usually buy the latest Madden and NHL game but haven't this year. Too busy lately I guess.

My PSP is awesome for traveling though, I have games, movies, music and internet on that thing. I even bring it to work. :D

I've never played a video game on a computer.

Like BF2. Swat4 was fun. Love first-person shooters. REALLY love online first-person shooters. Planetside was fun during Beta and when it first came out. Now I think it sucks.

Farcry - my current game. Good call, Cheyco. It dropped a lot when I met the tri-gens, though. I'm in the archives now and fighting through.

F.E.A.R. - If you haven't played this, you owe it to yourself to play it. Great game.

Doom3 - Pfft. This got old within the first few days, and I put it aside. Not worth the money.

Half-Life: Nothing but good. The first three chapters, Half-Life 2, episode 1, all great. Waiting for episode 2 with baited breath.

I'm also playing a lot of World of Warcraft right now. Lots of fun, although I would prefer to be playing Stormreach (the D&D MMO) but I'm not paying for it so I can't complain.

I was playing a lot of Command and Conquer: Generals Zero Hour on the local network (four computers) but it crashes A LOT and the support blows. It's a lot more fun to play old Starcraft.

Tons of Unreal Tournement on that network...

Man, I am such a gamer.

Where's Trev? He's gotta plug Neverwinter Nights...

Im right here NWN(NeverwinterNights) now thta is an indepth game...all of it and the grapics are amazing..i just downloaded the newest mod for it called endless dungeons..man it is a beast of a game never the same map twice!!!!

Oh BTW Mug.... the stout is fabulious you gotta try some..maybe to we could hook up, go to octoberfest downtown and drink a few and i will bring a bottle of our stout along for the ride???

:mug: :tank:

I play many World War II games. Used to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Then I moved on to Call of Duty. Then got Call of Duty: United Offensive. Now I play Call of Duty 2.

I also play World War II flight sims and submarine sims.

nosnhojr said:
What machine were you playing on?

My 286. It was a 16MHz bad-ass hotrod of a machine with a 10MB hdd and both 3.5 and 5.25 floppies. I had to turn the 'turbo' button off and drop it down to 8 MHz so that Larry didn't run like he was on crank.

-walker

PS: That machine is still alive today in perfect working order. My grandpa uses it to play solitaire.

Iroincally, since I started working for a company that makes graphics hardware I find that I am playing games less and less.

I've played a lot of Neverwinter Nights, Unreal Tournament, Diablo 1&2, and Battlefield 2, but that's about it.

I plan on getting a PS3, but I don't know if I'll actually end up playing it too much.

-walker

The Happy Mug said:
I remember my old Tandy Color Computer 3, with a massive 128kb memory. Computers sure have come a long way.

Lucky bastard. I only had the Tandy CC2. 64k and a cassette tape drive to store programs on.

My biggest complaint about that f*cking tape-drive was not only that it was unreliable, but that you had to reset the computer (losing your program) and try to load it off the tape and verify if your save worked.

If the save wasn't good, you were SOL.

I weas super jealous of my friend who had a floppy drive for his. (The floppy drive cost more than the computer, btw.)

-walker

I am playing the hell out of some FarCry Instincts on the 360 online. It is one of the best games ever made. You can make your own map, go online and kill everyone else in your own fort. Life doesnt get any better!!!

Well unless you are playing with a homebrew also!!!!

I have been playing games for ages. I'm a PC gamer really, the consoles never inspired me since my Atari 2600 disappeared.

Now I work for Raven Software/Activision doing internal quality assurance.

BTW-- please buy lots of games--- especially Marvel games. (Activision does profit sharing).

Walker-san said:
Lucky bastard. I only had the Tandy CC2. 64k and a cassette tape drive to store programs on.

My biggest complaint about that f*cking tape-drive was not only that it was unreliable, but that you had to reset the computer (losing your program) and try to load it off the tape and verify if your save worked.

If the save wasn't good, you were SOL.

I weas super jealous of my friend who had a floppy drive for his. (The floppy drive cost more than the computer, btw.)

-walker

Oh my god I forgot about the tape drive! We had a dual floppy drive too - It was the size of a toaster. Remember the plug-in cartridges? Rogue, Dallas Quest, Canyon Climber, Super Pitfall, Koronis Rift . . . Those 5-lb joysticks with the dinky sticks . . . a useless optional peripheral called a 'mouse' . . . and some games had COLOR!

Man, I wish I knew where that computer went to. It would be cool to check it out some time for nostalgia.

Ok>_

The Happy Mug said:
Oh my god I forgot about the tape drive! We had a dual floppy drive too - It was the size of a toaster. Remember the plug-in cartridges? Rogue, Dallas Quest, Canyon Climber, Super Pitfall, Koronis Rift . . . Those 5-lb joysticks with the dinky sticks . . . a useless optional peripheral called a 'mouse' . . . and some games had COLOR!

Man, I wish I knew where that computer went to. It would be cool to check it out some time for nostalgia.

Ok>_

I have two of them (I think both are still there) at my folks' house. Our first computer was a 16K CoCo2, we upgraded to the CoCo3 (with 128K) a couple years later. Still have a boatload of tapes with my programs on them (helluva way to teach an eight year old, or however old I was at the time, how to do logical reasoning - write a damn progam in BASIC!).

My moms keeps bugging me to get them out of the house, but every time I say something to my wife about hooking them up, she just rolls her eyes at me.

I'll have to grab them next time I'm up there....

kornkob said:
BTW-- please buy lots of games--- especially Marvel games. (Activision does profit sharing).

ANd, buy nvidia. It's the way it's meant to be played. {plug, plug, plug}

Every now and then I play Halo 2 online (screen name is cunnilicious) but I rarely have time. I bought Civilization, played it a few times and shelfed it. I just don't have time for video games anymore. Drat!

Walker-san said:
My 286. It was a 16MHz bad-ass hotrod of a machine with a 10MB hdd and both 3.5 and 5.25 floppies. I had to turn the 'turbo' button off and drop it down to 8 MHz so that Larry didn't run like he was on crank.

-walker

PS: That machine is still alive today in perfect working order. My grandpa uses it to play solitaire.

I played LSL on an original Mac in 1985 or so. That was my second computer. The first was an early model TRS-80, around 1978. Still have both machines, in pristine condition. Although I do have trouble reading programs from those damn cassette tapes...

Orpheus said:
I play many World War II games. Used to play Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Then I moved on to Call of Duty. Then got Call of Duty: United Offensive. Now I play Call of Duty 2.

I usually play COD2 on Virtual Mercs server, look me up sometime as "Milf Man".

Cheers,

knewshound

I'll admit to playing World of Warcraft. I'm not a huge gamer, but I fire it up once in a while. I also have a XBox 360. I mainly use it to stream music and watch dvds. I didnt own a game for it for 5 months. I just downloaded demo's from XBox Live when I felt the urge.. I'm a cheap bastard =)

I was heavily into SWG after beta testing it. Rode that pony into the ground about the time my daughter was born.

I also beta tested Dungeons and Dragons online, but found that, once again, I had no time due to said daughter's birth.

Now I just log into forums and engage in the occasional stimulating conversation in between working and fixing my house.

I love MMORPS's, they really are evil.
:D

Back