Lager yeast starter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefkdub

Reaction score
I have some saflager left over and want to get it going for another brew. Should I put the starter in the keezer at fermentation temps (50*) or at room temp (70*)?

You're making a starter with dry yeast? I guess that's worth doing if you're somehow stuck with one packet.

To answer your question... room temp is OK if you planned ahead timewise to crash cool and decant the spent starter beer, ~50°F for if you didn't and plan to pitch the whole starter.

You're making a starter with dry yeast? I guess that's worth doing if you're somehow stuck with one packet.

To answer your question... room temp is OK if you planned ahead timewise to crash cool and decant the spent starter beer, ~50°F for if you didn't and plan to pitch the whole starter.

Not dry yeast. It is yeast that I collected from my last lager. It was dry at one time.

Back