The Brewing Network - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > The Brewing Network

Old 09-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
frostyone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Urbana, Illinois

Is anyone else familiar with the brewing network, The Brewing Network.com - Beer radio | The Brewing Network™ for craft brewers and microbrews It seems like a pretty good source of information, and better yet, they have video and audio you can download. I downloaded pretty much all the "Brew Strong" mp3s to play on my iPhone when I'm driving (or anytime I feel like it I guess). Great for those of you that can't find the time to read, but would still want to better yourself (like an audio book for Moby Dick or something, lol).

Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
android
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Liked 43 Times on 34 Posts

i think a bunch of people here dig the BN... i have essentially all of their shows on my ipod and hardly listen to anything else when driving around... my wife sighs when she gets into the car and on comes, "1/4 pound crystal 60..."

the style version of the jamil show is fun to listen to also. they get a little off-topic sometimes which is annoying, but 80-90% of the show is good info, so it's worth it.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
RenoDean
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Reno, Nv

Careful talking about The Brewing Network, there are a lot of crybaby whiners here that get offended by The BN. I enjoy all of the BN shows though. The jamil show/can you brew it, is very good for tips on brewing different styles and cloning beers.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
FireNightFly
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ill have to check this out, thanks for the post.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
frostyone

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Urbana, Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireNightFly View Post
Ill have to check this out, thanks for the post.
Yeah, I searched around the site and couldn't find anything on it, so I decided that somebody needed to inform the n00bs (myself included).

Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 AM   #6
BarleyWater

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Armpit of Dallas (Irving), TX
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

I like the BN. Good beer info even though they do tend to get off topic, which makes the show more than just a beer podcast, it makes it fun to listen to, and is what separates them from Basic Brewing.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA

www.franconiabrewing.com

Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Bsquared

Recipes 

Oct 2006
San Diego
Liked 66 Times on 59 Posts

The can you brew it show is driving my nuts ,they clone it every time lately! Seem to me that Jamil and Tasty get into a livelier discussion if they don't quite get it, than when they clone it.

I think when they are trouble shooting why there are differences, they put out a lot of good information how and why the perceive the differences, and how they might fix it., but there is a lot of great info in the BN shows even when they hit it.

My Brother just started brewing, 2 extract, then straight in to AG. The first thing I told him was "Listen to the Brew strong, Make a starter, get a way to control your Fermentation temperature."

Old 09-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #8
Prime
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Seattle
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I just found these last week and have started sampling them. Some of the stuff is over my head right now, but hopefully I can catch up!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
JKoravos
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Chelmsford, MA
Liked 73 Times on 54 Posts

I found it a few months ago. That's been the only thing I've listened to since then. Brew Strong is definitely my favorite. Jamil's style shows are good, too, especially if you want to brew a specific style. I'm more into process which is probably why Brew Strong appeals to me more.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #10
frostyone

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Urbana, Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsquared View Post
The can you brew it show is driving my nuts ,they clone it every time lately!
Sounds pretty serious, lol!