Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Another new question regarding sanitization.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
ahitz3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Another new question regarding sanitization.

Hello all, I bought a spray wand for cleaning carboys, but unfortunately I dont have a utility sink to use it on. Is it possible to somehow connect to my kitchen sink faucet or hose? Does everyone here have a utility sink with a hose connector? If not, what do you do to clean carboys and such? THanks!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
ThinkinDavid
Recipes 

Try Five Star Star San. It's a no-rinse sanitizer and it works great. No affect on the beer in taste or appearance. Just put a half ounce in with a 2 ľ gallons of water in your carboy and shake her good. It will bubble up but itís no big deal (if it bothers you terribly you can rinse it a little). You can keep a tub of it near by to sanitize all your other instruments, too.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2868 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

You'll need first to unscrew the aeration screen on your sink, then you have to go to the hardware store and get a faucet to garden hose threaded adapter.

Looks like this,

You can also get it at the homebrew shop....it is universal. It is also handy to hook up a wort chiller to your sink as well.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
ahitz3
Recipes 

You guys are great, thanks alot for the help. Always getting quick answers to my questions!