I'll cut my steak when I'm damn good and ready!! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'll cut my steak when I'm damn good and ready!!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Uncle Timmy

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Minnesota, Minnesota
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Seriously. WTF is up with Applebees? This is like the third time now that the server has put my meal in front of me, then asked me to cut into my steak to see if it's done right. No, I will not hack up my steak for you! If your "chef" doesn't know what "medium" is, fire him/her. All I want you to do is place the meal in front of me, ask me if I need anything else, then quickly get out of my face. Trust me. If anything is wrong with my food, I'll let you know. Rant complete. Back to my Trout Slayer already in progress.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Preach it, Reverend!

In their defense though, it is sometimes tough to tell if horsemeat is "medium" or if it has some tendon running through it which is changing the texture.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
Aubie Stout
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Birmingham, Al
Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

I always save my salad for the rest of the meal to come and eat everything at once. I always have to fight the wait staff to keep my salad......

Old 08-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

That annoys me too about the meat.

Also annoying to me is when I go for a meal and some spotty faced retard thinks that they will get a better tip by acting like they are my new bestest friend in the world ever and talk to me as they would if they were texting their prepubescent boyfriend/girlfriend.
Just get me my damned food, stick it front of my face and GTFO kid. If I wanted to be your friend you would have seen me outside your school with my hand down my pants already.
Now, THAT is how you get a tip!

PS Get of my fooking lawn too while you're at it!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 539 Times on 431 Posts

I know my steak is done right if it's still kicking when it gets to me. That's all I need.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #6
dontman

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Philly, PA
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Yeah, I check the pulse on mine to see if it is done. When it slows down I pull it off the fire.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
Uncle Timmy

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Minnesota, Minnesota
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontman View Post
........it is sometimes tough to tell if horsemeat is "medium" or if it has some tendon running through it which is changing the texture.
I actually found a big ol' vein/artery in my steak there before. That was pretty much the end of that meal.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

I did order ribs once at crapplebees that i had to go home and finish cooking. I will eat a cow that is still mooing but pork needs to be cooked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #9
Orangevango

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

They are doing that to cover their own ass, They serve the steak on a hot plate, it is meant to be eaten directly. If you let it sit there for 20 minutes, it might turn from medium to medium well. What they want is an affirmation that the steak was delivered to you as you ordered it, and that you were satisfied, so that you cant ask for a refund later on when your steak overcooks itself.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #10
FireNightFly
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Next time this happens hand the waitress your fork & spoon then ask her to feed you too. =)