Need some suggestions for these ingredients, Please. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Need some suggestions for these ingredients, Please.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
bmckee56

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Coraopolis, PA (Near Pittsburgh)
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have the following items in my inventory and would like to throw together something this Tuesday morning. Suggestions would be appreciated as I am still a new brewer who recently went to AG.

List of Ingredients:

3 lbs. Plain Dark DME
4 lbs. 2-row Malt (US)
1 lb. Flaked Corn
1 lb. Minute Rice
1/2 lb. Carapils/Dextrine
1/2 lb. Roasted Barley
1/2 lb. Chocolate Malt
1/2 lb. Black Patent Malt

1/2 lb. of each of the following:

Crystal - 20L
Crystal - 40L
Crystal - 60L
Crystal - 80L
Crystal - 120L

Hops:

3/4 lb. Cascade (approx. 3.2 AA)
3/4 lb. Crystal
1 oz. Williamette Whole Hops
1 oz. Victory

I also have some home grown Cascade still on the vine in the yard that is very close to useful. Probably no more than 1 oz. possibly 2 oz. at most (first year growth).

I have a Belgian Wit still in the primary with Safale - 05 yeast. I could use the slurry from this batch or I have a Nottingham Dry Yeast pack in the freezer.

I was hoping to use some of these items to brew a batch without having to run to the LHBS before hand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have BeerSmith software available, so what I am looking for or hoping for are some style suggestions more so than actual recipes. Thanks in advance for any input.

Salute!
On Tap #1 - East End Brew
On Tap #2 - Nada
On Tap #3 - Nuttin-Honey Ale
Fermenting - BMB's Cascading Citra Ale

Old 08-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #2

You have enough to make a stout.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 08-30-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
bmckee56

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Coraopolis, PA (Near Pittsburgh)
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Bumping this thread to try to get some input.

Salute!
On Tap #1 - East End Brew
On Tap #2 - Nada
On Tap #3 - Nuttin-Honey Ale
Fermenting - BMB's Cascading Citra Ale

Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Yankeehillbrewer
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Yankee Hill, CA
Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
You have enough to make a stout.
I'll second that, Use all your Two Row,DME, Roast Barley, Chocolate & Carapils. You could probably throw one of the Crystals in there too. For hops, I haven't used Crystal or Victory but I would probably bitter it with one of those and do a late addition with the Willamette.Either yeast will work, I use WLP004 in my Stout, but in this case I would go with some slurry of US-05 and Save the Notty for another day.

Hope that helps