Anybody know a good place to fill a CO2 tank in Virginia Beach VA area? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Anybody know a good place to fill a CO2 tank in Virginia Beach VA area?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
elpresidente
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 170


I have this one place I went to a couple times but the guys equipment has been busted for a month or 2... I need another place to fill my 20lb CO2 tank.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
__________________
Seasoned Rips Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
cvstrat
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Richmond, VA
Posts: 691
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts


I'm not sure how much this will help you but I'll post it anyway.

Richmond Oxygen Company - Compressed gas products in Central Virginia is awesome and cheap.

It's probably a 2.5 hour drive from your place but if you were ever headed to the richmond aread you should stop up in ashland. Make a trip up to bass pro shops or something while you are there.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Evan!
 
Evan!'s Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 11,863
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts


I just did a google search for "Virginia Beach Welding Supply Oxygen". A couple names popped up:

Arcet: (757)499-541

Safeway Fuels: (757)363-7415

Give 'em a call. Welding supply places are usually safe bets for CO2 refilling.
__________________
MOSS HOLLOW BREWING CO.
Aristocratic Ales, Lascivious Lagers


.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
elpresidente
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
I just did a google search for "Virginia Beach Welding Supply Oxygen". A couple names popped up:

Arcet: (757)499-541

Safeway Fuels: (757)363-7415

Give 'em a call. Welding supply places are usually safe bets for CO2 refilling.
Sweet, thanks!! Yeah I had emailed someone through the Arcet website but had not gotten a response...I will just give them a call like you suggest. Thank you.

Also, I never thought about searching for "welding supply" businesses, great idea by the way...I was just searching straight up "co2" this and that...which was probably part of my problem.
__________________
Seasoned Rips Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
eeebigeee
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 47

Be aware that some of the Arcet locations do not actually fill the tanks there, they may just distribute gas and sell other industrial products.

I've had a few tanks filled at Arcet in Norfolk as a walk-in customer and they were very helpful and their prices were the cheapest around I could find.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
Falcor
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 73
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


elpresidente,

I just read this to SWMBO and she immediately shouted "Total Wine". Dunno where you are in VA beach but I think there's one north of 264 kind of in the middle of VA Beach. Another over here in chesapeake on greenbrier. You probably know this already though... Anyways, she says that she has seen the tanks there but isn't positive that they refill.

cvstrat,

Richmond is a long drive just for Bass Pro Shop. We have our own on the other side of the bridge/tunnel

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
elpresidente
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
elpresidente,

I just read this to SWMBO and she immediately shouted "Total Wine". Dunno where you are in VA beach but I think there's one north of 264 kind of in the middle of VA Beach. Another over here in chesapeake on greenbrier. You probably know this already though... Anyways, she says that she has seen the tanks there but isn't positive that they refill.

cvstrat,

Richmond is a long drive just for Bass Pro Shop. We have our own on the other side of the bridge/tunnel
Yeah, I know where a couple "Total Wine & More" places are...I will have to check and see if they fill up. I have only gone there for my favorite microbrews, if they did CO2 tanks as well that would be awesome!!

I still need to check out Arcet though...I would think they would be one of the cheaper places around like eeebigeee said.
__________________
Seasoned Rips Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
phrogpilot73
Loving the hobby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
phrogpilot73's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 279
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Where'd you end up going? I need to refill mine, and would prefer not an exchange.
__________________
"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?
Just how in the world do you think it got to be this old?"
- Anonymous

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
JoeMama
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Posts: 1,202
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


We have a place here in Portsmouth that is a welding supply shop. (MUCH closer than Richmond) I think its National Welders and its where I go to get my tank exchanged (cause its so small) They have a plethora of other tanks and they have filled mine on the spot as well.

They are on.... Grrrg... Victory Blvd.
Hope this helps!
-Me


AH HA! I found them!

Airgas National Welders - (757) 487-4922
3121 Victory Blvd, Portsmouth

They love us homebrewers, or at least they have been really cool when I go in there. I think Im gonna take them a few brews next time I go in.
__________________
Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
phrogpilot73
Loving the hobby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
phrogpilot73's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 279
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
We have a place here in Portsmouth that is a welding supply shop. (MUCH closer than Richmond) I think its National Welders and its where I go to get my tank exchanged (cause its so small) They have a plethora of other tanks and they have filled mine on the spot as well.

They are on.... Grrrg... Victory Blvd.
Hope this helps!
-Me


AH HA! I found them!

Airgas National Welders - (757) 487-4922
3121 Victory Blvd, Portsmouth

They love us homebrewers, or at least they have been really cool when I go in there. I think Im gonna take them a few brews next time I go in.
Thanks for the steer. I checked Total Wine in Chesapeake, and ARCET in VA Beach. Neither fill, and ARCET only exchanges. I want to keep my tank, so I'm headed to Airgas today...

EDIT - there's an Airgas National Welders closer to me in Chesapeake. They only do exchange - but I can tell I'm going to like this company. Why? When I asked, they said "we only exchange - but our store on Victory Blvd in Portsmouth refills, do you know how to find it?"
__________________
"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?
Just how in the world do you think it got to be this old?"
- Anonymous

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chicago-NW burbs place to fill CO2 tank? skifast1 Bottling/Kegging 8 06-20-2013 01:07 PM
Welding Place would not fill my co2 tank AJC16 Bottling/Kegging 6 10-20-2009 06:24 PM


Forum Jump