Deep Six Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
**Edit** The logo is finished. Couldn't be happier with it. "Damned Lager" is what I'm calling the first brew...

Its not 100% completed yet, but I wanted to go ahead and post a copy of my brewery's new logo. I'll also post our first label once completed.

DeepSixLogo.gif

4141-d6onbottle.jpg

That's awesome; one of the best I've seen, very professional looking. I love that it looks like the anchor and the skull are on fire, but it's water. That's a great image. Real nice colors. Very, very cool, one of the best I've seen.

John Beere said:
Its not 100% completed yet, but I wanted to go ahead and post a copy of my brewery's new logo. I'll also post our first label once completed.

4141-roughvers.gif

That is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

HurricaneFloyd said:
how'd you make it?

With the help of a good friend and business partner who just happens to be one of the top logo artists in the country... no ship. Technically, it is a two-color vector image created in Adobe Illustrator.

woodstone said:
Sweet label...are you using this as a base label, as there is not really a beer name or date brewed, etc.?

Also like your John Beere logo...good call!

Yeah, this is just the logo - working next on a more generic label with the beer name, brew date, etc on it.

Again, that looks awesome. I would absolutely grab a sixer of that if I saw it on the shelf, just because it looked so cool. I'm assuming that there will be some photos in the article that you're writing; will this logo be integrated into your cooler by then?

I'm not usually a big fan of skulls on anything consumable, but this is a notable exception. It's really cool. The colors are nice and the imagery is excellent.

Very well done!!

{jealous}

I have a thought for a future brew name for deep6, given your pirate theme...

Davey Jones' Lager (?)

-walker

the_bird said:
Again, that looks awesome. I would absolutely grab a sixer of that if I saw it on the shelf, just because it looked so cool. I'm assuming that there will be some photos in the article that you're writing; will this logo be integrated into your cooler by then?

Man, I pretty bummed about it... I can't find anywhere who can get it printed in time. Oh well, one way or another - I'm getting the logo in the article. heh

I'm also getting a sandblasted sign created like the following - but thats not going to make it in time either. http://www.westcoastsignworks.com/images/portfolio_details/p_sb_falcon_weizen.jpg

Walker-san said:
{jealous}

I have a thought for a future brew name for deep6, given your pirate theme...

Davey Jones' Lager (?)

-walker

Good idea! I've been trying to come up with some cool names that carry the pirate theme. Its been harder than I thought...

wow.. great idea and the best homebrew lable ive seen so far.. nice to have friends with adobe experience....

I had some free time this afternoon and decided to digitize my logo for embroidery. I should have run a sample first as there are some problems I need to correct but here is it:

emb.jpg

Does anyone know where to go to have someone use a laser etcher and take a cool design and put it on a pint glass. I guess those things are CAD driven?

John Beere said:
I had some free time this afternoon and decided to digitize my logo for embroidery. I should have run a sample first as there are some problems I need to correct but here is it:

emb.jpg

That is wicked!!! So what do you have to do special as far as "digitizing" the image? I'd like to do that with mine too. The embroidery looks great. And who are you going with to embroider it? That one looks like it is on fleece...looks great!

John Beere - I dare you to get a tattoo of this thing!!!! Double Dog Dare You!!

No. It looks awesome. Bird is right. If I saw it in the liquior store I'd buy a 6'r of it too.

My buddy likes cruisin' the lake out here with his big 26' Rinker runabout. I could picture him with a cut-off black T-shirt and a black bandana with that exact logo.

Very Sharp!!!!

Dude said:
That is wicked!!! So what do you have to do special as far as "digitizing" the image? I'd like to do that with mine too. The embroidery looks great. And who are you going with to embroider it? That one looks like it is on fleece...looks great!

I've never mentioned we own a failing embroidery business?!? ...heh

We semi-closed shop about a year and a half ago but I still have all the equipment and the digitizing software.

Schlenkerla said:
John Beere - I dare you to get a tattoo of this thing!!!! Double Dog Dare You!!

No. It looks awesome. Bird is right. If I saw it in the liquior store I'd buy a 6'r of it too.

My buddy likes cruisin' the lake out here with his big 26' Rinker runabout. I could picture him with a cut-off black T-shirt and a black bandana with that exact logo.

Very Sharp!!!!

If I knew of a good enough tatoo artist in our area, I'd already have it as a tattoo... I'm sure soon enough it will happen. As for t-shirts and other apparel, its coming as soon as I can manage it.

We already have our slogan: "Going down never tasted so good". heh

John Beere said:
I've never mentioned we own a failing embroidery business?!?

Dude said:
*wonders how much it would cost for John Beere to embroider other people's logos???*

Brewsmith said:
HBT merchandise?

From failing to sustaining? This forum has turned to some good use to some so far! :cross:

cheers! :mug:

looks good...

most advertising agents charge a retainer fee... and then they just subtract from that...

Latest posts

Back