Well it was time to take the BT for another spin as I needed to get my pumpkin ale ready for this holiday season.
Overall, the system preformed perfectly. I only had a couple display glitches but never any loss of control or reboots. The new smart herms with the HLT tracking is the ticket. The mash stayed right where it needed to be.
It was also the first run for the new e-kettle which also worked really really well. My homebrew hop stopper did a great job of keeping the pellet hops from going through my plate chiller.
I also used Arnie's BTRemote program to log the entire brew and I was able to watch the brew from my office in the other part of the house. Just not having to run back and forth to check temps is worth it in itself.
All in total the brew day took 4 hours, which for me is the quickest i've ever brewed an all grain batch.
Onto the pictures
System all setup and preheating
New sparge ring I built
Screenshot of preheat